ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5

*hope you enjoy...

It's been a whole night and Zoro still could not process what had happened the previous day. The thought just didn't want to leave his head, Luffy's pleading expression and the desperation in his words as he proposed a promise that Zoro couldn't answer.

"If I lose control... Please end me. I'll be counting on you."

He holds the dagger tightly, the one he'd recieved from Luffy. He'd starred at it all day, mesmerised by its pure beauty. The potential this weapon has is beyond incredible. How Luffy managed to get his hands on it, he would never know. Then the question strikes him. Why did Luffy give such a rare item to him... Zoro knows exactly why. He just can't accept it. The fear of one day having to kill your own captain... thats just messed up.

Zoro didn't dare take off the sheath of this snowy dagger, he can just feel the chaos of an aura it's releasing while still covered. He sighed, 'it's probably best to not use this unless absolutely nessasary.' He looked over to the sleeping form of Luffy. Last night was chaos too.

...

"Luffy! If it weren't for you finding out about our money stash, Sabo would've never died!"

Breath in...
'Ace..?'

"You could've behaved more! You were a burden to shanks. He lost an arm because of you!"

Breath out...
'Makino..?'

"Why would you think you'd have a chance at joining our crew, huh? Anchor."

Breath in...
'It's not real... right?'

"....Joyboy... The warrior of lib-"

"Aah!" Luffy woke up with a fright, it was still the middle of the night. He put a hand on his pounding heart. 'No.. no, no... why is this happening again... The voices.. I thought they stopped..' He tried to calm himself by doing some deep breathing. It barely helped at all.

He was sweating profusely from the shock of the voice. This isn't the first time it's happened, but it's the first in quite awhile.

He glanced over to Zoro, 'did I wake him.. I don't think so.. I'll just go back to sleep.' Luffy took one last deep breath then laid himself back down. He could still hear his heart pounding loudly in his ears. He tried to stay calm, but he couldn't shake off the feeling that something weird was happening to him.

Just as he fell asleep, Zoro's eyes crept open slowly.

...

Zoro was pretty sure Luffy suffered some sort of nightmare last night, or else he wouldn't be acting like that. But seriously. What is going on?

If you piece everything together, then it's obvious that Luffy is hiding something. Lots of things. He isn't going to pry it out of him, everyone deserves privacy, but he wants at least one solid reason why he can't tell him. For all he knows, it seems like a mental issue, but he has to admit. He's worried about him.

"Hmm..." Luffy rubbed his eyes as the sunlight hit him, he sat up and yawned. "Morning Zoro..."

"How was your sleep?" Zoro wanted to see if he would admit it himself.

"Oh? Why you asking? Uh, it went...great.." Luffy rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

'It seems he's not gonna tell me...' I sighed. "you're very bad at lying."