ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9

*different attempt with the picture (hope it works)

For the first time in a while, Luffy felt the thrill of a fight. The windmill attack that Buggy shot at him was inching closer and closer, he jumped over it at the last second. Floating in the air, he already knew Buggy's next move.

Buggy, who took advantage of the fact that Luffy was in the air, flung 10 knives at him from different directions. His actions held the thought that, 'Moving around in the air would be near impossible!'

Luffy didn't even spare him a glance. He twisted around midair, avoiding the blades with dexterity. Upon landing, the young pirate showed no hesitation and darted right out of Buggy's field of vision. The realisation hit Buggy to late, and he turned around to a fist colliding into his face.

With a cry, Buggy was sent flying into a building, destroying it in the process.

'I can't believe my eyes... to think he could hold- no, overpower Buggy...' Nami, who've just finished her treasure hunting, could not help but feel shocked as she hid behind a building, observing silently.

"He's real strong right? Can't believe your eyes?" Another voice, belonging to Zoro, spoke up from behind.

"When did you get here!?" Asked Nami, shocked.

"Hm, what do you mean? I was watching the battle too." The two exchanged some words before focussing back onto the battle.

"cough guess those attacks don't work on you, huh... TAKE THIS!" Holding 3 knives in each hand, Buggy shot them out on the command, "BARA BARA CANNON!"

As expected, Luffy dodged them with no issue, but was surprised when they turned around only to dash right back. He caught one hand with ease, and used it to defend against the other. 'These are quite annoying...' he turned his eyes on Buggy. 'I'll just aim for the main body.'

Tossing the hands aside, Luffy rushed at Buggy instead.

"Hey-! Wait! Why are you coming for me!?" He raised his hand less arms, waving them around frantically. It was no use and Luffy landed a jump kick right into his chest, sending him crashing into the same building.

Now having flown into a building twice now, Buggy got out, frustrated, 'how is this kid stronger than me..! I will not be defeated by someone wearing the same hat as him! Damn it how can I beat- wait...' Upon looking around, he finds his 2 friends watching from afar.

A plan edged its way into his brain. Following that thought, Buggy changed his target to Nami and Zoro. If the brat was anything like his old friend Shanks, then he'd certainly be willing to save them.

Luffy noticed Buggy's slanted gaze, he followed it and just as he realised-

"BARA BARA SPLIT SPLIT CANNON!" His hands came off at impressive speeds, wielding a knife each.