IX. Fire & Blood, part 1

[A/N] - This is the first time I am writing such a scene, let alone having to add plans and strategies and multiple POVs. I apologise if it seems a bit rushed or confusing, I tried my hardest to make the narrative flow. I hope in the end you like it and can envision had I had in mind when I was writing it.

Also, there is not a clear image of how the land is around Casterly Rock. So Imagine the whole setting is similar to the Battle of the Bastards, in terms of the valley and the small hills.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Casterly Rock, Westernlands - 2 days after the meeting of Visenya & Tygett - 32 days since the siege of Casterly Rock

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tywin was in his study along with his brothers Kevan and Gerion, all looking at a map of the Westernland. On it, had been marked key places of the enemy forming tents while next to it; letters that had been exchanged over the past month.

Their supplies were still enough to ensure they could stay protected behind the walls of Casterly Rock, the enemy unable to climb them or break them. However, that did not mean they enjoyed sitting there with crossed legs while their lands suffered.

Tywin had been sent a letter by Visenya before she left King's Landing, informing him that she would lead a small army to help him. While not pleased to learn she would throw herself recklessly in the heat of battle, he was glad to have some reinforcements and a good strategic mind leading them.

The last thing he wanted was another fool of the Targaryen army to lead and end up ruining everything. However, ever since then, he had received no new letters from her and he could not help but wonder of her progress and the status of her army.

"My lords" a Lannister soldier knocked on the open door and showed them a letter he was holding. "Just arrived" he informed them as Gerion took the letter from him.

He passed it to Tywin, who lifted an eyebrow upon seeing the Lannister Lion on the red wax. The only Lannister out there was Tygett but he could not possibly send a letter for anything important, since he lacked manpower.

For a moment, he thought it was his father's bastard that he was up against but once he opened it; he realised. For there was only one person with such penmanship, the distinctive twisted Os and the long tails of the As was only a certain Princess did.

Dear Tywin,

You will be pleased to know that we have arrived and we have put camp close to your location, away from prying eyes. Your brother, Tygett, has joined our forces and has also been informed of the plan.

By the first lights of dawn, I want your men ready. Open the Gates and unleash the fury of your house. You will know exactly when for the Silver Lions will run away from a Targaryen's true rage.

Sincerely,

Visenya II Targaryen, Princess of the Seven Kingdoms.

The Older of the Lion siblings passed the letter to his two brothers while he glared daggers on the map in front of him. Of all the times Visenya could choose to be secretive, now was the worst of it all.

The fact that she had arrived was good and most likely she had a plan in mind to help finish this ridiculous enemy once and for all. He trusted her battle tactics, having seen them first-hand during their games of Cyvasse but he would have much preferred to know in full detail what she had in mind.