CLII. The Living vs The Undead

Visenya...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visenya had taken notice that the Night King was no longer on the undead Viserion and that was, perhaps, the only good thing in that damn battle. Like she had suggested during the War Meeting, she had 'smacked down' their opponent and now she prayed someone would manage to end him soon.

However, that did not mean she had no troubles of her own. On the contrary, she had a rather big one.

The attack had pissed off Viserion, who now followed his most primal instincts; the ones of survival. His instincts were to fight the one that harmed him and take down the one that dared to challenge him in the air, no matter whether they shared a past or had anything in common.

Rhaegal was not gravely injured and kept doing his best to keep a distance from his undead brother while remaining quite high in the air. The winds were stronger and colder but both, he and his rider kept going.

They knew they had to keep the dragon away from the soldiers, the castle and the Night King. Now, whether they would manage to take him down fully; remained to be seen.

What mattered at the moment was to stay afloat but that was a rather tough challenge on its own.

She held on to the green scales of Rhaegal as the dragon dived down, avoiding the neon blue flames of the undead Viserion. The sudden drop made her feel her stomach climbing up but eventually, the feeling stopped as the green dragon flew in a straight line.

Visenya thought for a moment, a plan coming into her mind. She had never fought on top of a dragon before but she had to try. She could only do a little just by riding but maybe she could help by doing more.

After all, the undead Dragon was no different than the skeletons brought back to life by the Night King. This meant that a good shot could kill him and it would allow her to go lower and help the others, something telling her that they truly needed her.

She suspected that even undead, usual arrows would not do much work; even if the tip was made of dragonglass. Her only weapon left was Dragon Heart, although how she would manage to use it against Viserion...she needed to figure it out.

"Rhaegal" She called the Dragon's name. "High. High and be ready to fight...trust me on this..." she said, feeling the need to explain herself to the animal that would take most of the attacks for her; and would also be the reason she would survive.

A few clicking noises left his mouth and the Dragoness nodded her head in appreciation, before tightening the muscles of her legs. She held tightly as Rhaegal flapped his wings and started to head higher and higher.

Even Storms had a point where they stared and all she had to do, was to fly above it and pull Viserion along. Without the wind as an obstacle, she prayed that despite the darkness; she would have a better chance at facing him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daenerys...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Mother of Dragons stayed on top of her beast, staring with wide eyes at the sight beneath her. She stared in silence as the dead soldiers came up to life and were now fighting for the opposing team.

Now, the undead truly surpassed the living and she knew if she did not act quickly; they would lose fast.

"Low, Drogon" she ordered her injured Dragon, who seemed capable of still flying and fighting.