Six

"How is it there?" My mother asked me through the phone. It was an early Saturday morning and I was woken up my phone's Rings. 

"It's fine." I yawn and respond, a little miffed that my sleep was interrupted. 

"It better be. I didn't send you there to complain about things." There. There she goes, again. I am not surprised because I'm used to this, but I don't appreciate this early in the morning.

"Were you sleeping?" She inquired with a frustrated tone, "I thought I told you not to sleep so much? What about studying? Do you think university is a joke? How-"

"It's 7 in the morning, mom." I uttered in a quiet voice, barely enough for her to hear, but she did catch it. 

"It's already 7! I DID NOT send you to University for you to sleep, Y/N! You should be revising your lectures! This is why I shouldn't have let you major in Art! Math or Science would have been so much better, look at you acting like a lazy-" 

"Bye." Throwing my phone on to the bed, I groan. I feel like pulling out all my hair. Standing up, I decide to get some fresh air. 
____

When I said fresh air, I did not expect to reach the nearest park. I sit on the swing, it creaks. I unwrap the triangle gimbap and munch on it. When I was about to bite into my gimbap for the 2nd time, a groan coming from inside one of the slides alerts my senses. There's someone there. 

Soon enough, a person in a hoodie comes out. Their face was unrecognizable from the amount of coverings it had on; A mask, the hood of the hoodie and their own hand on their face. 

"Who the fuck is here at," It's a man's voice, a familiar one at that. He takes out his phone and looks at the time, "8 in the morning?" 

"Kwon Soonyoung?" I gasp and my eyes widen, "What are you-" 

"You're here too? I didn't know you ate gimbap at the park on Saturdays." He pointed at me and sat beside me on the swing next to mine before ruffling his hair and looks at me. 

"Yes I'm here. And I didn't know you lived in that slide." I raise my eyebrows while glancing at the slide he came out of. 

He smiles in an evil way before looking at my swing, "Aren't you a little too nosy for someone sitting on a broken swing?" 

Before I had the time to react to that, my swing's chains snapped and I fell to the wet ground, "Ow!"

Shooting out burning glares towards him, I stand up and dust off all the mud from my pants and glare at him once more, only for him to end up bursting out laughing from the pure comedy infront of him. He stays there laughing until he spots something on my elbows when his eyes widened and points to it. I follow his gaze and inspect my elbows only to notice a bright patch of fresh blood oozing out. The moment I laid my eyes on the wound, it started to hurt as if it was waiting for me to notice. I clutched the back of my elbows and glared at Soonyoung again, "All because of you!"

He raised his hands to prove he was innocent and then instantly ran off. I sat on a nearby bench after washing the wound from a tap. Soon, Soonyoung returns with a bandage in hand and hands it to me, "You owe me for this."

"Yeah, whatever." I carefully apply the bandage on the wound after successfully stopping the bleeding.
____

I return to my dorm room and lay on the bed, Today is not my day.
I take out my phone and decide to play some games before studying, just like how my mother wants me to.

As I was in the fifth round of temple run, a call came in, interrupting my score. I groan before looking at the caller ID, it was Jeonghan. Why was he calling me on a Saturday morning? But am I complaining? No.

I accept the call and put it on speaker mode before resting the phone on the bed, so I can speak conveniently without having to strain my arms by holding the phone to my ears. There's no one in the room anyway, They all went out to eat breakfast.

"Hello!" His voice chimes through the phone, I can almost feel the vibrations reaching my body through the blankets.

"Why are you calling so early?" I question him.

"I wanted to... Hang out." He says hesitantly. I would have minded the idea of hanging out with him today, but for some reason, my whole body and mind got excited for a split second.

"Well, If you insist." I reply, masking my giddiness. 
____

30 minutes after that phone call with Jeonghan, we are seated at a library together. Initially, we decided to hang out in the park but I suggested the library so we can hang out plus get some work done. 

"You are such a workaholic. Why do you wanna do this today, of all days?" He watches me while I proof read my thesis papers. 

"Why not do it today, of all days?" I question, confused about his frustration. 

"Yeah whatever." He pouts and looks away for sometime until he stretches and gets up and moves to one of the shelves to get a closer look at a book. 

I chuckle and glance at him carefully pulling out a huge book from a top shelf. He pulls out a book and dusts it off and opens it, and I keep watching him. Wow, he is handsome, I think to myself. The way his wrinkled denim button up hugs his waist and the way his sleeves are rolled up, was making me feel some type of way. Realizing what I'd been doing, I quickly shake my head and try to dismiss all the thoughts in my head and focus on the work infront of me. 

What the hell are you doing to me, Jeonghan?