Chapter 3 - Morning

6:00:01 am DST June 1st, 2044
Location: Futuro Squad Dorms

I was woken up by the sound of an alarm. I shut it off, going back to sleep. It rings again 5 seconds later, I got off from my bed and shuted the alarm off.

I do my daily morning routine of 20 sit ups, 20 push ups, 30 squats and 10 star jumps. After doing all of that, I take a cold shower.

After getting dressed, I head to the kitchen to grab a cup of joe, because if I go ONE MORNING WITHOUT MY COFFEE, I will collapse to the ground. I grab my good 'ol mug with the words *#1 Dad* and placed it into the coffee maker. I turn around after hearing someone's footsteps.

"Good morning Julius.." I wave at him.

"Mornin' Craig..." He waves back.

He walks a few steps towards the refrigerator, grabbing a can of Bloxy. He chugs it down while his other hand prepares to grab another. He is a heavy drinker, I'll admit. Most of our bloxy cans are usually consumed by him.

The coffee maker is finished. I grab my coffee mug and went to sit in the living room. Julius also comes to the living room with two Bloxys in each hand. He sits down on a massage chair that was actually given by the squad next door. He pours both cans of Bloxys into his mouth.

"You know you can drink them one at a time, right?" I said.

"It's much faster if I drink both at once." He continues drinking after finishing the sentence.

Julius.. something. He looks like a calm, collective person to everyone. But in reality, his immune system runs off pure sugar just to keep himself stabilized.

I place my mug on a coaster on the coffee table and reach for the remote. I turn on the television and switch the channel to the latest episode of Bloxxin Bad. I see another dummy walk into the living room.

"Morning capt.. " Durga is hugging an ikea shark plushie in one hand while waving to me, yawning.

"Morning, what made you wake up so early." I asked.

M.r. Durga. He never told me his real name. He has that I'm sure war is fun vibe radiating from him. For a young man whose backstory doesn't involve some sort of intense training or trauma inducing event, he is quite bloodthirsty. Makes me think I'm the only normal one here.

"Viktor and Joseph are talking about smashing or passing the female personnel.." Durga rubs his eyes.

"Leave them be, you can sleep on the couch." I scooch the throw pillows on the couch.

Durga collapses onto the couch, sleeping almost instantly. Julius laughs while crumpling the Bloxy cans he drank in one hand. He aims for the dustbin beside the tv. He throws, and he scores. I did a very slow clap for the amazing performance.

Viktor Viktor Viktor, I know for certain that isn't his real name. When he first got on the team, I managed to get ahold of his papers. Not the slightest idea why he doesn't use his real name, Dave, but whatever, I'll play along.

The one thing I did not know is apparently Joseph and him are friends. The introvert befriending an extrovert, what a weird combination. I take a sip of my coffee as I continue to watch the tv. I swear the radio beside the tv is always static, advertising about sandals.. or something.

6:37:40 am DST June 1st, 2044
Location: Dune

"Why are we driving in the middle of the desert again?" A dummy asks while driving.