Chapter 1 - City

- 6:00.pm January 8th 2044 -

Stalker: "Where is the ambush? We've been expecting it for 3 days, and no one is coming."

Orden: "No clue, stay alert until further notice."

Stalker: "Yes sir."

_Stalker's POV_

It has been three days since their arrival at the location. The Dinero squad have been complaining on heading back yesterday, but no one cares. The Honours squad have been surveying the area for the past few days. All they found was a broken down teleporter, Durga himself doesn't recognize it and assumed it is stolen tech.

There's X perched on his favourite spot. I haven't seen him moving, a quick guess that he is asleep. Durga is working on his turret nest, one saboteur and it is game over. No idea what Sanar is up to. Orden and Caos is scouting the area with the Dinero Squad this time. And there's me, sitting on the walls of this stronghold behind some sandbags, holding my tablet and playing some games that I secretly installed.

While I was busy gaming, I heard gunshots. I tap on my visor, activating the infrared tech installed in it. I take a quick look through the sandbags, a sea of red.

"X, we have company." I tap the comms in my helmet.

X: "Got it, alerting the others."

The tip of a railgun pops out from the sandbags. He aims the laser rifle directly at a row of numian infantry, nailing all of them in the head. I pause the game I was playing and swap to my command list. I scroll through the options and tap on a button.

High up..

Above the clouds, a helicopter is present. The pilot in the cockpit is woken up by the sound of a notification.

DMY_Pilot: "Order received, sending a ranger down."

Back down..

A chunk of metal flies towards the ground. Some of the infantry shoot at the thing, but it doesn't do anything. It lands right beside me. It starts unfolding into a ranger, your standard robot dog mounted with a gun that shoots sticky bombs and will explode if it is close to a nubian. It jumps down the stronghold, taking out a shielder and some infantry.

As I take a peek through the sandbags, I see Nubians being cut down one by one. The Honour squad seems to be having the time of their lives. Can't blame them though, killing the people you hate is quite fun.

S.A.M: "No mercy to those who oppose the dummies."

Hunzo: "You shall be cut down!"

They are quite the formidable squad. I've heard they trained to deflect bullets, but seeing it in action is a site for the eyes. They don't flinch even if the blood of the nubians splatter all over them, that I have to respect.

Seems like Durga's turret nest is mowing down enemies like butter. I swear, he adds on some weird compartments here and there, next thing you know they shoot like, 20x faster. Sanar was apparently with Durga the entire time, she's shooting her vitabow, as per usual.

_Durga's POV_

"HAHA! THE MODIFICATIONS WORK! I'm such a genius."

"WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER HOW LOUD YOUR TURRETS ARE."

The sound of bullets firing and flesh pulverizing is.. a bit overwhelming. It is so loud that I can barely hear what Sanar is saying, at all. I think she said something like.. you're so good or something similar. Though I have to admit, getting 4 turrets online is tough.