Chapter 4 - Coastal

6:34:01 AM DST June 4th, 2044
Location: Stronghold-03, Coastal

"Stronghold, there is a boat heading towards your location, be prepared for conflict."
- Aerial Reconnaissance

Orden: "Ready yourselves, Futuro squad."

J.J: "Rise and shine, get to your stations, MILITIA!"

Rad: "Wake up ya shovel heads."

_X's POV_

I jolt awake from my slumber. They just had to wake me up when I had a good dream, I swear I should've just became a doctor. I grab my railgun and swiftly aim from the sniper's nest. The only sniper from the Militia squad is right beside me, also waiting for the signal to shoot.

The leaders of each squad had a plan in case a lone boat came to Stronghold-03. Stalker and Quartz from the Coalies squad will greet whoever was on the boat. If they flash their lights six times, they're dominian, it's a distress signal that the agency taught all of us. If they shoot at the two, they're nubians.

As per the plan, Stalker and Quartz are in their positions. I zoom in with my scope, no ship in sight. Was it a false alarm?

"Oi, you see the boat yet?" The sniper beside me taps me on the elbow.

"No sign, might be a joke from the aerial reconnaissance to keep our guard up." I said.

"They might have closed their lights." He said.

Might, that's a word I hate hearing. Could, maybe, possibly, these are words that make you anxious no matter what situation you're in. The kind of words that make you want to think really hard about, making a rash decision to guarantee the next sentence your ally says doesn't have these words.

I zoom in my scope again, I see lights. A grey speedboat is heading to shore. I tap on my comms.

X: "Stalker, target's in sight."

_Stalker's POV_

Stalker: "Copy that."

Standing in broad daylight, with a tablet, in the middle of the night, with a miner, smells just like my old workplace at Ikea. Judging by the wind direction, it's 45° to the north, perfect for flying a drone.

"So uhhh.. you greet them?" Quartz said.

"We, greet them." I said.

The boat stops by the dock, specifically owned by the dominians. Quartz aims his bolter at the ship. We wait..

"What's taking them so long? It has been one whole minute." Quartz said.

"Wait for it.." I reassure him.

The boat, still doesn't respond. The only sound that is present is the cold wind breezing by. Both sides have yet to fire their weapons.

And idea flashes through my mind. It's not a bad idea either, I think. I swipes through the options on my tablet, and tap on it.

High up..

The exact same dummy jolts from his sleep. He straightens his helmet before looking at the control panel. He tries to find the button for the light switch, but flicks something he shouldn't have flicked. He quickly taps on his comms.

DMY_Pilot: "I MIGHT HAVE ACCIDENTALLY DROPPED AN AIRSTRIKE-"

Back down..