Chapter 24 - Louis

I didn't mean for it to happen. I should have fought harder, protest, but instead, I made this happen.

The public response to the tweet is insane. Everyone went crazy, and there are already several articles about that tweet. The hashtag larrybiggestloadofbs is trending. I've never felt more ashamed and embarrassed at myself for starting and creating this mess.

I feel lightheaded. I love him, aren't I supposed to fight for love?

I bury my head in my hand and give Eleanor my phone.

"Can you keep this for me? Just for the time being? I don't want to look at it anymore," I mutter and she gladly throws it into one of her suitcase. "I just... I don't want to look at it anymore."

"He probably haven't even seen the tweet," Eleanor gives me a sad smile. "C'mon. We have to go. The flight is in an hour and half," she reminds me.

I get my bags and frown. I still have the drawing I found in Harry's room. How am I going to give it back?

Eleanor rushes me out of the room, and pulls her luggage out to the hall. I help her carry her bag while she locks up.

"Don't think about it," Eleanor says and guides me towards the elevator. "I doubt he feels anything towards you anyways, well after what you did and said."

That hits me like a truck. It's all my fault. I pulled myself into this, thinking I can protect him, I can protect us, myself. I should have declared my love with him, right there and then. I shouldn't have cared what people said. This, this is outrageous. I am so frustrated at myself.

Everyone else including the crew Is waiting for us in the lobby. Tom gives me a hard stare but says nothing. After that, we are escorted through a back door, towards the three limousines waiting for us.

Tom and the rest of security gets into the first one; Ben, Niall, Mark, Harry and Lou gets into the second, and Liam, Zayn, Eleanor and I go last, as well as another member of security.

I try to get some sleep, in the car, but Liam keeps talking about how he's so excited for the tour this year. Zayn is excited too, and the start up a quick conversation about rehearsals. Rehearsals start tomorrow. Our first real show we start two days after. And after that, it'll be work, work, work, and no time for love, if it still exists.

I have literally nothing to do now, after I let Eleanor confiscate my phone. I stare out the window solemnly. I wonder if he did see the tweet, what was his reaction? Was he mad, because I brought such unnecessary attention towards the both of us? Or was he surprise and disappointed, because I brought such a private matter onto Twitter? Or was he relieved, because now he can date and see girls without the  need of thinking about me and the stupid crush I have on him, which I suspect he already knows? Or did he just didn't care?

The airport is kind of deserted, I would say. There are only around twenty fans waiting for us there, so that's not too bad. Tom lets us 'interact' with them because we're a little early. His exact word. Interact. What are they? Computers? 

I notice this guy among the fans, someone who I'm sure I've met before. He looks familiar, probably a stalker. That's right, Lewis Jones, I think his name is. He has a smug look on his face as her roughly pushes his way to the front of the crowd.

"Hey!" I shout, and he looks up from me under his overgrown fringe. He smiles, revealing too many teeth. "Stop pushing the other fans."

Liam joins me. "Yeah mate, that's not cool. I remember you."

I can already feel a member of security watching us closely. 

"I just want a photograph," Lewis says, and smirks. 

"I've taken tons of photographs with you already!" I exclaim. "What more do you want? A lock of my hair? Sorry, I don't think you can afford it. It's too precious," I snap. 

"Oh burn," Liam says, giving me a pat on my back. 

But Lewis just smirks, his eyes narrowing into slits. "I haven't took one with Harry," he tilts his chin towards Harry, and I feel anger rise inside of me. 

"I don't like him," Harry whispers in my ear softly. I didn't even realise he was there. 

I watch Lewis elbow a fan in the ribs. "Hey, you stop that!" 

"I want a picture with Harry over there," he says, and the corners of his rat light lips turn upwards into a twisted snarl. I put my arms out, barricading Harry from him. 

"Shut the fuck up, mate," I snap. "You've had your time, now please, go home. Don't make me waste the time I want to spend with my  fans," I say, my hands clenching into tight fists.  

Oohs and aahs choruses from the fans. I motion for them to come over. Lewis is pushed to the back. I grin. 

I hug the first girl I see and she is grinning too. "That was amazing, Louis. Lewis had been bothering us for a while now. The fandom hates him," she says.

"That's alright, love. If he bothers you again, tell him I'll deal with him. He's an arse," I say and she laughs. I notice the phone in her hand. "Did you record that?" I ask. Not good. That means everyone can see how I defended Harry just now. I'm not even supposed to talk to him. 

"Yeah, everyone is going to be so amazed at how you defended us," she smiles. Right. The fans. I was defending the fans. 

I smile at her. "Don't worry about him, love," I give her a warm smile. 

I move on to the next fan. She's taller than me, a whole head, and she isn't even wearing heels. 

"Hey love," I hug her. A lady holds up a camera and tells us smile. It must be her mum. I stand on my tip toes so I don't look so short. Well there's that.

"Thanks for defending us, Louis," she hugs me one more time. 

"No problem," I say.

A girl much shorter comes running to me, her arms extended for a hug. "L-Louis," she is crying. I beam at her. 

"Don't cry love," these things happen all the time. I get to meet fans. They cry. It's absurd how much of an impact I have on them. 

"Thank you," she says, and I give her a tight hug. 

"Alright, love. Wipe your eyes, and smile for the camera," I take the phone out of her hand and take a picture of the both of us. She is shaking, and I rub her back to sooth her down. 

"You're a first class asshole, Louis!" somewhere from the back, Lewis Jones exclaims over the crowd. Our security is already walking towards him. I wave them away. I can handle this.

"Well you're just a middle class asshole, so ha-ha, I win," I shout back, and Liam cheers from behind me. I laugh, and give the next girl I see a hug. 

"What are you gonna do, pal?" I grin, and Lewis sulks at the back. 

"Expose how rude you are," he says, his eyebrows furrowing. 

"Louis is the nicest person on the planet," a deep voice says. Harry. "So if you could please just kindly leave him alone, that'd be great. All the love, mate."

My entire body tenses up. I feel fans hug me, and some take pictures, but all I can focus on right now is what Harry said. And I know I'm in deep shit. Doesn't he understand? They'll split us further if this continues. 

I watch security lead Lewis away from us, and I feel Harry next to me. He stands just a feet away from me, but I can feel his warmth radiating from his body. He stays there the entire time, next to me, guarding me. 

Twenty minutes later, it was time to say goodbye to all the fans. Our baggage are loaded, and now all that's left is for us to board the flight. 

I watch everyone climb up into the plane, and finally myself. Tom gives me a glare, and I know there's much more to come. 

A/N: Sorry guys! I actually typed this chapter 4 times, but Wattpad kept deleting it :/ Technical difficulties here and there and I'm terribly sorry. Also, I'm grounded. So that sucks.