wildest dreams

written on december 4, 2023

"cut! That was perfect, you two." the director called out.
his voice was proud and a beam was found on his face. he clapped as he walked towards the two. "that was actual perfection. you two have amazing chemistry and it works well for this movie."

the two people he was clapping for were Anne and Jake. they hated each other. literal nemesis. but even though they strongly disliked one another, they didn't know why.

"Thanks, Derek," Jake said with a smile. he turned to Anne with the same smile growing just a little bit bigger,  "It's all her though. She makes it so easy to fake-passionate kissing with how perfect she is."

"shut up.." Anne grumbled. though she felt her cheeks turn red as she fought back a smile. Anne had always thought Jake was handsome. and when they had first met, she had hoped something would happen between them.

Anne found Jake attractive with his confident walk and bright smile. he had dirty blond hair that sat perfectly on his head.  His eyes were blue, and the actress felt that she could stare at them for hours. they were like oceans she could drown in.

Something did and still is happening between them. even with their hateful output, they were seeing each other in secret, hooking up when they could. they were both addicted to each other the same way a drug addict is addicted to, well, drugs.

it all started as a mistake. a drunken mistake that awoken what they truly felt towards each other. it happened a few months back, at a friend's party. it was for New Year's and a mutual friend threw a celebration inviting the two of them. after the countdown, they stumbled into each other in the bathroom, and one thing led to another with both of them driving towards Jake's house while not being able to keep their hands to themselves. the new year started with their legs tangled up with each other under the sheets, as both actors cupped one another's faces, inhaling the breath from the lips of the other.

ever since they just couldn't stop. they would meet in secret when and wherever they could.

———————

one particularly hot day, the heat and humidity started to get to Anne and she let her anger take over. Jake soon realized this and took advantage.

"Hey, princess. what's wrong? you look like someone just stole your cat,"

"Not now Jake," Anne says, trying to hold back an eye roll

"oh? What's with the mood?" the blond moves closer, making sure that Anne and his skin are touching just to tease her a bit more.

Anne abruptly stood up and walked away leaving the actor sitting there, giggling.

when their break was over and it was time to film, they had to shoot a romantic scene where Jake was required to cup Anne's face. before doing so, he makes sure to whisper words he knows would make Anne snap. just for the fun of seeing her angry

"Still mad? maybe you should work on those anger issues of yours.." the soon-to-be-dead actor whispered while letting out a soft chuckle.

Anne pushed him away, quite hard if I must, and stormed off the set. it felt like the wind was knocked out of him, as he landed towards the cameras and was bruised around his elbows.

that day, Jake learned to never mess with her again.

——————

shooting ended, finally after almost a whole year. the premier of the film Jake and Anne had worked so hard for was that night and she was getting ready. Anne settled on a rose gold silk dress that complimented her curves perfectly. She topped it off with a white faux fur coat draped around her arms and red lipstick. her make-up was light but still noticeable and her hair was curled.

at the premiere, the brunette stepped out of the car, immediately being blinded by flashing lights from the paparazzi desperate to take photos of her. She smiled softly at them, waving and walking ever so gracefully with her blue eyes shining from the moonlight. She looked stunning, like a goddess and Jake noticed that about her. he couldn't help but stare in awe, his heart doing a little flip.

Anne continued to walk and smile at the reporters, fans, and photographers giving them exactly what they wanted. her happiness was cut short when she saw Jake getting pulled in for a kiss by their co-worker, Halley from the corner of her eyes. She tried her best to ignore it, pushing back the weeps that threatened to flow down her cheeks. She couldn't risk getting photographed crying over a man who didn't like her the way she did him.

while watching the movie, a scene between Anne and Jake came up. specifically a scene with both of them pressing their lips against each other passionately. She turned to face him, hoping for some sort of reaction. anything. a small turn to her, a smile, at least even a change in his breathing pattern. nothing. She got nothing from him. he just sat there, watching as if he were looking at two strangers. Anne was suffocating. She couldn't take it anymore. She needed a breath of fresh air, and she needed it now. She couldn't stay here any longer. not when posters and reminders of what Jake and she had shared for a little over six months were plastered everywhere.

she ran out of the cinema, relieved to finally inhale fresh air again because, in that room, it felt like she just couldn't breathe. like all the air was taken and humidified. She couldn't bear it inside. She stood by the street, panting while her car started pulling up. when her car was parked, she walked inside, not even bothering to wait for the chauffeur to open the door for her. She rushed inside and started sobbing her heart out, not noticing Jake who had followed her out of the cinema.

Jake, noticed Anne leaving, and his worries got the best of him. he ran out following her but he got lost. he only caught up when she was already driving away. he stood in the middle of the road, worrying about what might've happened. he called and called but no answer came. he wondered if maybe Anne had seen the kiss he and Halley had shared. the kiss that Halley had forced him to. he wanted no part of that. he wanted nothing with her because the woman he actually wanted and loved was driving away.

part two???