chills

Sorry (again) for the delay

June is once again spending the night studying wakefield's zombies, friendly and hostile monsters,She connects one red dot to another, drawing another line over the city map,Outside, some insects that look like moths fly around a gasoline-powered lamp,The sound of silence fills the dimly lit space,A type of frog-like monster swallows one of the small moths,June doesn't care, Enjoying the noise of silence, until the silence suddenly seems too silent,she notices that the moths have stopped making noise, as has the frog,The animals in the monster dimension are not as different as the animals in the human dimension, any little thing scares them, from a clap of hands to a small sigh,June, hears her own feet hitting the old wood,With a confused and tired expression she goes to the balcony of the tree house and turns off the lamp,Hoping the moths and the frog will finally go away and leave her alone,but She notices that the moths and the frog are still there, standing still, the moths are grouped, while the frog is staring somewhere, protecting himself with his own tongue,June was about to approach, Her hand reaching out to reach the little frog, who trembles with fear,but she felt a shiver run down her spine, her shoulders arched, her breathing stopped for a moment, her eyes widened slightly,The moths and the frogs seem to feel the same way, the frog trembles, and the moths begin to fly desperately,A slight fear takes over her body, as she hears other feet moving around the house, the wood creaking, june feels a figure forming behind her,She could almost see a cyan blue light forming in what appeared to be deep dark blue eyes,Her pupils tremble, a feeling of weakness taking over her body. "June?”She finally turns around, seeing that it's only Jack behind her, he rubs his eyes sleepily, he's wearing a red robe and lets out a yawn, he definitely doesn't look threatening."What are you still doing awake?",June sighed in relief, for a moment she could swear that ***she*** was right behind her."I was just studying the monsters again, nothing more...",She smiles, her chest relaxes, as do her eyes, she looks back and notices the moths and the frog still cowering in a corner, while Jack lets out another yawn Her eyebrows furrow "well...good night then...",He scratches his own back and goes back inside the treehouse,As soon as he walks away and finally enters his and Quint's room,The moths and frog return to normal behavior, with the frog finally eating the moths, satisfying his hunger and disappearing into the night,June decided to leave the lamp on, just today.

-Subtitle:June's research,Chapter 1, Perception ,quint.

June writes in a type of file, she uses different colored pens and marks text, her hand getting dirty with pen ink, as she tries to perceive a pattern that may not exist,Last night wasn't just scary, it was worrying,Jack was never a scary guy, of course when he was angry or scared of losing his family or something like that he could be incredibly sinister,he practically tried to arrest them and an amusement park just so they couldn't contact other people with the newly acquired radio,She puts her hand on her head and writes down some more, Jack's behavior has worsened somewhat since he was partially dominated by rezzoch,None of the other team members noticed this, not even June noticed it until last night,She sighs, placing her hands on the table, preparing to stand up, feeling cold air taking over the back of her neck, preparing to look back again."good morning, June-bug",June is startled to see that again, it's just Jack, he has a cup of coffee and looks like a tired old man who just woke up,She blushes at the nickname before scolding him "you know I don't like it when you use that nickname, Jack..."He lets out a laugh, the chill immediately disappearing as he takes another sip of what June thought was coffee, but which is now obviously chocolate, which has more chocolate than milk "No need to worry June-bug, I won't call you June-bug, June-bug",He says in a falsely serious tone as he takes another sip of his chocolate and hums to the kitchen,June puts her hand on her head,She fixes her own hair, which is messy, with split ends and loose strands, she doesn't want to think that Jack is a threat, maybe it's better to ask Quint and Dirk what they think about this?,Keep it a secret?,She sighs in defeat, and thinks to herself: "if I noticed, Quint must have noticed too...".

-

"do you know what it's called, june?, love.",Quint spoke in a teasing tone as he diverted his attention from what he was doing to June's slightly troubled face,She sighed, seeing quint cross his arms and look at her with a small smile "Look, no, romantic creeps are different and..." She trails off as she blushes "what do I mean, romantic creeps shouldn't make you feel afraid...",Quint smiled slightly, "have you ever stopped to think that maybe you're afraid not of Jack, but of loving him?",She let out a slight "Ugh" and said again "Quint, I'm serious", he let out another chuckle as he went back to work "Friend June,How long will it take before you realize your feelings?",She let out a huff and left the room, Quint didn't notice anything at all.

-Subtitle:June's research,Chapter 1, Perception, Dirk.

"So THIS IS LOVE, hummm, so this is love, so this is what makes life Divine...",Dirk hummed, leaving June dumbstruck, Dirk has senses almost as sharp as hers, and now he's also making fun of her with a stupid song from someone's Disney movie "Ugh,Quint did the same thing! Why don't you believe me?", Dirk turned to her, leaving some kind of small guitar aside "June, I'll be honest with you, you and Jack obviously have something and you think no one knows.", she blushes again, she was about to fight back, "so when you come to us and say that you get goosebumps when you're around Jack, it's hard to think of anything other than The divine love",She rolls her eyes and crosses her arms, still blushing."June, if you think something is wrong, keep investigating, but for now, you should know that everyone watches when you hold hands and sleep cuddled up when they think no one is watching.",He gives a small smile and a teasing laugh while June gives up questioning them, she takes her bag and tells them both that she's going to leave for a while (without running away forever),Just to clear her head...

-

June decides to take a brief walk through the central area of ​​the city, away from zombies and close to the monster market,Until she hears people screaming far away, she decides to check and sees a commotion nearby, her face contorts in concern, "June!", June feels a wind approaching her while someone shouts her name,She feels the ground shaking, the small gravel on the ground flying upwards, she, panting, looks to the side as something huge is coming towards her, a type of uncontrolled worm monster, several warriors were trying to Stop it,But it's not working, June closes her eyes tightly, her heart beating faster and faster, the voice of whoever was controlling such an out-of-control monster in this empty area was screaming in despair,Well, at least only she will get hurt."June!", she opens her eyes for a brief moment, a red flash, blue light, hugs her and stands in front of her "Jack!?", she screams, she tries push him away,But he doesn't even seem to feel the strength she exerts,This makes her slightly scared, he looks determinedly at the monster, who as soon as he looks into his eyes, glowing slightly blue, stops,The dust on the ground scatters, with the monster lying down and standing still..."my god...", the monster on top of the creature is apologizing, Jack is talking to him and June is almost deaf....she looks at Jack, his eyes are still glowing blue "june,Are you okay?"...His arms still wrap around her, she takes a deep breath before responding "yes..., yes I'm fine"...She also noticed that the monster on top of the out-of-control creature is scared, he doesn't approach Jack at all, and only apologizes from afar before taking the creature away.
-

"Jack and June walk home while June doesn't say anything, Jack, he looks tired, almost overwhelmed, as if something has sucked energy out of him,The sun sets on the horizon, the zombie measurements begin to glow purple on the horizon, contrasting with the yellow, orange and red horizon,The sound of gravel as the two walk breaks the almost comfortable silence,Dark circles begin to appear under Jack's brown eyes, and the baby blue glow has disappeared, Jack runs his hand through his black hair, and June, for a moment, can swear she sees little baby blue faded strands,She sighs, like a reporter, her instinct told her there was something suspicious behind Jack's behavior, but he used whatever rezzoch he had left inside him to save her,"Jack," she says calmly, stopping in her tracks and making everything go silent before he responds, "yes, June-bug?", she rolls her eyes, he won't stop calling her that, won't he?,She approaches him, placing her hand on his cheek, strangely soft,She thinks,Her reporter instinct says everything is fine now, now that she knows what's going on,She kisses his cheek "thank you...",He smiles while blushing "you're welcome, June-bug...".As soon as June got home, she set her research as "inconclusive."