One

Aster~

The sunlight glistened on my face. I heaved a sigh as today was my wedding. Who would have thought I would be getting married at the age of 20? Definitely not me. I wanted to proceed with my higher studies but it all came crashing down on the day I was informed of my marriage.

They basically signed me off to a wealthy man, Adagio Amato. I have known him since I was eleven years old. I would only see him occasionally. I hardly speak to him because he is too intimidating for someone like me. 

His brothers on the other hand are just pure gold. Adagio is the eldest, Dax is the middle child and lastly Arlo, he is the youngest and the one I get along with the most. Adagio is 25, and Dax is 23 and Arlo is 22. 

Adagio has a very quiet character, his cold intimidating gaze could make anyone piss their pants. He gives the driest replies to whatever question it may be. People would give up trying to speak to him. It's funny to watch them try and fail. 

Adagio and his family are engaged in a huge business which makes them filthy rich. Whatever they owned screamed money and power. The amount of respect and power that family alone holds is ridiculous. 

It made me wonder why they would marry me to him. With his charm, he could make girls beg for his pleasures. I know for a fact that there are richer families than mine. They could benefit the Amatos more than us. 

There is no relation between him and me. The least we've interacted with each other is no more than a wave or eye contact. I wonder how he agreed to this marriage. 

My brothers opposed this marriage more than I ever did. Carlos, Zaden, and Jason were furious when they found out about this arrangement. My papa stood his ground. I never disobeyed my parents and that turned into a habit of mostly accepting my fate. 

If I don't go their way, they'll make me. So I stopped fighting even if it cost me my life. I accepted that this marriage was nothing and it wouldn't be a problem to be with him for a year or two. I almost gave up but I am still fighting for what I need. 

I certainly don't need this marriage but it's going to happen sooner or later and I don't have anyone in mind to spend the rest of my life with nor do I wish to find one. 

I came to know about this last week and today was my wedding, the 14th of May. 

I wore this elegant wedding dress that was covered with heavy stones and glitter. It was designed with a beautiful sleeve until my forearm. My hair was put up in a bun decorated with flowers and pearls. 

"My baby, you are looking beautiful" My mother looked at me through the mirror. Her eyes clogged with tears and her lips curved up into a smile. I smiled at her. Though they pushed me into this marriage with a stranger, they never failed to fill me with love and care. 

"I'm sorry, dear" My mother's smile disappeared into a light frown "If anything happens, you can always come back to us" She gently placed a kiss on my head.  This was enough for me to know they still cared and loved me. I certainly know there is something that forced them to push me into this. 

I am still prying for the answers. 

I heard the door squeak. My head turned to see my father walk in. As soon as he saw me, he gaped and mouthed 'My princess'. My vision got blurry as random thoughts clouded my mind giving my eyes the urge to rain. 

I may not get to visit them as much. I'll miss all the dinners together and their gestures of showing love to me. I will miss my brothers very much. Any sibling would find it difficult to be apart from them. All those arguments and the tantrums once seemed annoying to me but now it's quite the opposite. I never expected a day I'd miss all of it so much.