21

Chapter 167 - Reporter II

Lisa raised his eyebrows and said in a low voice that only she could hear, "Don't go over there. It's very dangerous."

Just then, the laborer suddenly shouted, "I don't believe you're a reporter! What proof do you have? Do you have a press card or something? Who knows if you are one of them!"

The laborer was not stupid and asked loudly.

Jennie was stunned. She turned around to look at the laborer and took out her working ID from her pocket. "This is my ID."

"I can't see it clearly, give it to me!"

Jennie hesitated for a moment when she heard the laborer's words. She glanced at where the laborer was standing and immediately tightened her grip on her working ID.

"Give me your working ID. I'll show it to him." Lisa suddenly walked towards her.

Jennie was just about to say no, when she heard the laborer yell angrily, "Let her come! Other than her, none of you are allowed to approach!"

Lisa cast a sidelong glance at the laborer. His gaze was as cold as ice. He had a lot of burdens to shoulder. Besides, he also worried about her.

Jennie smiled and said, "It's fine. He needs my help. Right now, only I can help him. He won't do anything to me."

Lisa looked at her hesitantly. Obviously, he did not want her to take the risk for him, but she smiled as she held her working ID. "Besides, there are not many media companies here. You will take at least 20 minutes to call a reporter to come here. I think he is already tired."

Finally, Lisa understood that at this moment, Jennie was the only one who could get close to the laborer. Although he didn't want to risk her life, she was right. This was the media's professional character and ethics. The media was sometimes the only way for citizens to communicate.

Lisa let go of her hand. He seemed a little helpless against her for trying so hard, but he was forced to agree by the circumstances and could only let her do as she pleased. "Be careful."

Jennie nodded and looked at the laborer. "I will walk there. You will see my working ID and confirm that I am a reporter. I will also record the conversation you had with President Manoban. I promise, as long as you are innocent, after today, you will not be harmed again!"

No one wanted to die unless they were forced into a dead end.

Hearing Jennie's words, the laborer seemed to see a glimmer of hope and nodded his head, "Okay, come over here. I can see that you are indeed a reporter, so I believe you!"

Jennie looked at the situation in front of him anxiously. When she heard the laborer's words, she felt even more pressure. She could no longer hesitate as she took her working ID and walked over.

Just as she took a step forward, her legs trembled. Although she wasn't afraid of heights, this building was at least 18 stories tall and not to mention that she, herself, didn't have much confidence.

Whether it was bravado or a real career, at least at that moment, she felt that she should do something for Lisa.

Or perhaps something for this pitiful civilian worker.

Jennie tried to calm her emotions and approached the laborer.

She looked at the place where he was standing, and her heart felt a little scared. She then took a small step forward, and after that step, she stood on the balcony and could definitely see everything that was happening below the private building.