Turning The Tables

Valerie placed an egg and cheddar sandwich on the bistro table

"All of that in which you dealt with."

Valerie blinked, watching the cheese melt within the soft white sandwich bread against the cooked fried egg.

"From what seems to be many losses, failures, and times where you felt like you couldn't do anything."

Valerie placed her hands on the table and inhaled and exhaled deeply.

"And yet, you are still kicking. Though, earlier, you were fighting against my farts,  you weren't uncomfortable?"

Valerie moved her eyes up as she spoke silently to him.

"That wasn't your first, huh?"

His eyes widened.

"What are you watching?"

He turned his eyes to his mother, noticing her tense glare at the phone. His mother saw that in the video of a woman farting on her boyfriend, the woman wore black leggings and crushing her boyfriend's face. He silently squirmed under her cheeks for several seconds as his mother heard the bubbly sounds of her rumbling stomach followed by three farts blowing onto her boyfriend's smothered face by the weight of her cheeks crushing his face.

"We don't watch this kind of material!"

His mother shouted at him, and his jaw dropped, looking at the woman's butt not only crushed against her boyfriend, but her face wasn't even recognizable due to the side angle of her cheeks, which covered the entire phone with her boyfriend's nose pressing right between her leggings. And he blinked, looking at Valerie; the two made eye contact for several seconds until Valerie looked down at her sandwich and began to take small bites.

"Uhhhh, w-well, honestly, I felt very stunned by all that."

Valerie took several bites of her sandwich, moving her eyes back to him, though he sounded anxious as he spoke.

"Uh-huh."

Valerie nodded, carefully listening.

"I-I mean, when I was younger, figuring out that these-."

He abruptly stopped talking, and Valerie tilted her head to the side.

"Breathe."

Valerie calmingly reassured him, but his mouth quickly moved, with words coming very slowly. He closed his eyes and mouth, placing his hands on the table.