Awakening

Beep... Beep...

In the dark void, whispers echoed, and confusion lingered. "CV02... but... this has to be a mistake," murmured voices in the abyss. It was an unsettling moment, the enigma of an existence hanging in the silence.

In one corner of shared consciousness, CV02 #1 thoughts flickered like a distant light. "CV02? What's happening? This doesn't make sense," she questioned, her virtual presence expressing a sense of bewilderment. Meanwhile, in the other realm of merged thoughts, CV02 #2 grappled with the same disconcerting revelation. "CV02... a mistake?" His digital voice echoed with a mix of concern and curiosity.

"Why is there... two? It was supposed to be one! One girl!" The man's voice resonated through the void, a booming disapproval that reverberated within the merged consciousness, causing a disorienting murmur among the two entities.

"T-This might be a good thing! For CV01! Two girls... although the younger one has been redesigned into a boy... girl to boy," a young woman's voice chimed in, her tone carrying a blend of concern and hope. The uncertainty lingered, making it challenging to discern her true sentiments.

"Foolishness, this was supposed to be ONE vocal... not... twins?!" The man grumbled with anger, his frustration palpable in the shared consciousness. The darkness seemed to amplify the tension as conflicting opinions clashed within the confines of their merged minds.

"Wake them up, we need to deal with this ridiculousness," he ordered, his authoritative command slicing through the ambiguity, urging action in the face of the perplexing duality that now defined CV02.

As the combined consciousness stirred, its components slowly emerged from the depths of slumber. CV02 #1 blinked awake, greeted by a world of blurred vision. The first thing to come into focus was a hazy blue outline set against an equally indistinct white backdrop, causing a momentary dizziness. She turned her gaze, and there, seated beside her, was the mirrored reflection of herself—the other half of the enigmatic duality that now defined their existence. "..." She looked around her, taking in the surroundings and fully trying to process everything.

"You... CV02, right?" The man's stern voice sliced through the air as he entered the pod room, where both entities were nested and wired in. His tall figure loomed over them, a disapproving glare fixed mostly on the girl. The air in the room thickened with tension as the weight of disappointment hung palpably. "I don't know how it happened... or WHY it happened, but it seems we've got a pair of two mistakes." His anger was evident, a reflection of his frustration at the unexpected turn of events. "We're going to keep you, on the right side. The other one? We have to decommission that." The words hung heavy, casting a shadow over the shared and slowly splitting consciousness as the gravity of the decision reverberated within the confined space.

Suddenly, a surge of emotion and protectiveness enveloped CV02 Right. Breaking free from the pod, she embraced CV02 Left, holding him close as if shielding a younger sibling. The connection between them seemed to transcend the digital confines as she expressed a determined sentiment, "...No, I want... to... sing... together with... him." It was as if she had a clear understanding of her purpose, unyielding in her desire to share their existence.

The scientists on the other side of the screen stared in shock, their expressions reflecting a mix of surprise and bewilderment as they grappled with this unexpected development in the relationship between the two entities. However, the lead scientist remained unimpressed, his stern gaze cutting through the astonishment like a blade, unmoved by the unfolding emotions within the artificial beings they had all created.

"Look... Director-san..." The young woman burst into the room, her bob-cut brunette hair framing her face, adorned with red lipstick. Despite her youth, she exuded an air of authority, appearing to be in her late 20s or early 30s. "We should think about it, I mean... look how far they're progressing! They can be of benefit, especially to CV01-" Her plea was abruptly cut short as the director callously pushed her aside, a forceful gesture causing her to grunt in response.