Research, Data, and Statistics (Pt. 2)

In the preceding weeks, as the twins adapted to their new environment, (which was not mentioned before.) they were informed about the development of their official outfits by the researchers that had worked mostly with MEIKO and Haku. During this period, Len found himself donning an oversized shirt paired with bicycle shorts that extended to his knees. Meanwhile, Rin sported a tank top, complemented by a similar style of bicycle shorts, mirroring Len's casual yet distinctive attire. Besides that, the most important part of their time here was spending time with everyone.

Len's Issues:

Rin and Miku found themselves perplexed by Len's behavior. While he could be lively and amiable on occasion, he often remained quiet, keeping to himself. Most notably, he tended to stay close to Rin, going along with her without expressing much. This behavior raised concerns for Rin, particularly after eavesdropping on the conversation between MEIKO, KAITO, and Haku... She didn't want him to fall into any trouble.

"MIKU!" It was a quiet Saturday afternoon, the scheduled date of the meeting being on Monday, precisely 3:30 pm. (MEIKO had kept it on her calendar, which Rin snooped in her room to find data and statistics on everyone.) Miku was perched on her bed, engrossed in a novel, her long silky turquoise green hair flowing around her. "Hm?" She looked up from her book, tilting her head. "What's up, Rin?" She checked for Len, who was usually by Rin's side. "Where's Len?" she inquired, noticing the empty space beside her.

"Not here, besides, I need to tell you something!" Rin closed the door hurriedly, making sure nobody, especially Len, was listening in, before she dumped papers and notebooks on Miku's bed, causing her to startle. "E-Eh?! Nande?!" Miku looked up, confused and surprised. "I-Is this... data..!? Rin, don't tell me you snooped in MEIKO-nii's room!" Rin chuckled sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck, but quickly stared straight into Miku's eyes. "I did it for a reason, Miku." She sighed, looking worried now.

"I eavesdropped on MEIKO's call with some woman named Haku. She's supposedly part of the project between Len and me." Rin sat on the bed, going through the papers. "Turns out, Director-san still wants Len... gone." She winced a bit, clenching her fist on the bed. "His data, compared to me and yours, is completely different... They say he cannot sing solo, and his voice sometimes isn't... right?? That's why he sings with me all the time. They say I'm the solo-oriented one, whatever that means... all I know is that this is bad, and they're gonna get rid of him!" Even though it had only been a week, it seemed Rin had gained a new understanding of these new personality traits in her system and newfound emotions, which caused her to perceive everything differently. She looked up at Miku, worry evident in her eyes, and Miku mirrored the concern, a little shocked.

"That's not good..." Miku furrowed her eyebrows, putting her book aside and crawling near the data. "...Haku, huh? It's said that she was supposed to be a VOCALOID, but in the end, the project failed, so she's a derivative... of me." Miku looked aside a little. "But, anyway, I know that some researchers who worked on me worked with you guys too." She picked up a paper, specifically in bold, "CV02 1/2 DATA." Rin peered over as they took a while reading the notes about Rin and Len, their interactions with Miku, and vocal ranges. There were some statements about the updating trait database in their systems, which were similar to Miku's, and environmental statistics in speech, recognition, and processing multiple factors. It seemed that Miku and Rin were improving, and Len was following along only if Rin did something. "I've noticed something... Len seems to mimic our actions and confidence." Miku examined the papers, tracing their progress up to their debut. "Huh... WHAT?!" She widened her eyes, glancing at Rin. "R-Rin!!" Miku thrust a paper in front of Rin's face, catching her off guard. "H-huh?" Rin focused on the bold and underlined words, impossible to overlook.

"A younger twin sister, derived from the older one. Both versatile, but the older one dominates with a more powerful voice, while the younger sister serves as a backup with a softer, androgynous tomboy vocal range."