chapter four ─ the ripple effect

act one , chapter four

act one , chapter four ...
the ripple effect !

( now playing ... i'll sleep when i'm
dead ─ warren zevon ! )

── ✧ ──

PANEM WAS SLOWLY GOING INTO AN UPROAR . It starts with Caesar Flickerman and his group finding out. Clyde Mulaney, the survivor without winning. It was a huge story for them. The Presidential Party has made this official. He was alive and well, and he had survived the games without managing to win at all. No one had ever heard of that before. It's never happened. It could've easily been entertaining news to everyone. Caeser Flickerman wanted to get this man on his show. He needed to get an interview with him. It was business after all. He tried to give the people the entertainment they deserved.

Somehow, he finds the cabin-like house that the Mulaneys lived in. Clyde didn't even know that he was expecting him. He didn't even know anyone could even find this place. The only person who knew where he lived was Effie. And he doubted that Caeser told him information such as this. The knock on the door makes Clyde suspicious because Effie just walks in.

"I'll get it!" Clyde calls to Tabby as he arrives at the door.

Clyde slowly opens the door. With a squint of his eyes, he slightly looks at the show host, barely showing his face. He opens it a little bit more, confused as to why Caeser Flickerman of all people had been at his door.

"Oh. Hello," Clyde says to him, a little awkwardly, "Can I. . . Help you?"

"Clyde Mulaney," Caeser gasps in amazement, "So it really is you. You're really alive."

"Yes, I am," Clyde responds back, "I really am alive─ can I help you?"

Clyde's social skills weren't the best. They weren't what they used to be anymore. He pretty much kept hidden behind the door, other than his face. He knew that the show host needed to see his face.

"Can I come in?" Caeser asks.

Clyde was quiet for a moment. He was in thought. He eventually let him inside. He moves out of the way, and Caeser walks in, looking around at the place as Clyde closes the door behind him.

"Well, this seems like a cozy place."

"How did you find me? What do you want?" Clyde asks as he crosses his arms. He's still standing by the door.

Caeser gave him a slight nod. "Straight to the point," He replies back, almost satisfied, "It was the only house along the outskirts. Figured you were hiding in it."