chapter two ─ sea of unfortunately known faces

act one , chapter two

act one , chapter two ...
sea of unfortunately known faces !

( now playing ... gold dust
woman ─ fleetwood mac ! )

── ✧ ──

IT WAS THE FIRST TIME THAT CLYDE WOULD BE in the face of the public for nearly twenty years. Did that make him anxious? Yes. But he deserved to finally have a chance to have somewhat of a normal life again. Although this was never normal. The Victory Tour was happening, and he's heard the news of two District 12 winners Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark. He saw hope in them. Hope for the Hunger games to be finally over. But as of now, one of the last things of the Victory Tour that happens is the famous President Palace Party that happens. With him and his daughter Tabitha being mentors, they both had to go. His daughter didn't seem too enthusiastic, considering she's gone through this at the games she won prior. But it was bound to happen again sometime.

Clyde heard the heels against the wooden floor of the cabin-like house that he lived in. He didn't bother to turn around, already that it was Tabitha roaming around, possibly trying to find something that she lost. He could even hear the staggering of the walk. Tabitha must've tripped, but caught her balance. Because he didn't hear her hit the floor. Five years worth of wearing heels and his daughter still barely knew how to talk in them. He finds it a little bit funny.

Tabitha Mulaney, known as Tabby to most, was a bright, yet vicious young woman. Freshly nineteen, she now stands next to the door of her father's somewhat bedroom in their home. She wasn't dressed very Capitol like. She wasn't wearing a dress. A royal blue pantsuit with only a little bit of spark to it. The pants flared, covering the first half of the sea green boots that she was wearing. A dark blue bowler hat was placed on her head. It complimented her hairstyle. She looked dapper. She looked like she was from an era that was older. It was just her preferred style for events such as this one.

Tabby gently knocks on the opened door to Clyde's room. It makes Clyde stop trying to tie his tie. He glanced behind him, before fully turning around to see his daughter. A warm smile appears on his face when seeing her.

"Hey."

"Hey," Tabby says back, "How do I look?"

"A little too much like me," Clyde replies back, a chuckle escaping his lips, "That aside, You look beautiful."

It makes Tabby smile. "I wouldn't wanna look like anyone else," She says back to her father, before finally walking into the room.

Clyde finishes tying the tie that he had been struggling with for what seemed like forever. That was just how he was. A perfectionist. Tabby knew it wasn't his fault. With a family like his, as well as the expectations of The Capitol, he didn't want to mess anything up. Tabby, however, didn't care about messing things up. She wanted The Capitol to burn down to the ground if she could help it.