~50k Oneshot Special~

(A/N: Here it is! The 50k Oneshot Special! Wow. Can you believe it? Thank you lovelies for getting it to as many views as it has. You're awesome! Now, on with the oneshot!)

       The snow fell softly around me as I sat on my building's fire escape. I was bundled up in my holiday sweater and the comforter from my bed, watching the snow fall and the hustle and bustle on the street below me. It was dark out but the lights of the city made it easy to see. They would be lighting the tree in Union Depot soon and I had the perfect view point. The sound of footsteps caught my attention. I turned my head and smiled as my boyfriend, Dean, came into view through the window, two mugs of hot cocoa in his hands.

       "Five marshmallows, right?" He asked, as he carefully handed me one of the mugs.

       "Yep! Thanks, babe." I said, taking a small sip of the still too hot liquid.

       Dean maneuvered his way out the window to the lawn chair next to mine on the fire escape, tucking himself under the other side of the comforter. We sat in comfortable silence, just taking in our surroundings. Even with the sounds of the street below, things were relatively quiet around us.

       "Did you get your Christmas shopping done?" I asked Dean as I blew on my cocoa.

       "Almost. Still have to get something for my mom. I'm not sure what to get her." Dean said, shrugging.

       "She'll love anything you get her. Just make sure it's something from the heart." I took a sip. "Does that mean you already got me something?"

       "I'm not telling." He said with a sly smile. 

       I rolled my eyes but smiled back. The snow started to gather on my comforter so I brushed it off quickly. I shivered slightly as the cold water soaked my free hand and I felt Dean pull my chair closer to his, if that was even possible. Soon after, I felt his arm around me, pulling me into his side. I happily complied, carefully not to spill my drink.

       "I really love the winter time." Dean said after he took a sip.

       "Because of hockey?" I asked, looking up at him.

       "No. Well, yeah. But I mean more than that. Everything covered in snow, the decorated houses, people actually giving a shit about each other if even for just a few months. It's nice." Dean said.

       "It is." I agreed.

       Another silence fell over us. I fished a marshmallow out of my half empty mug and popped it in my mouth. I heard the chiming of the clock in my living room and excitedly squealed and sat forward. Dean laughed at my antics but sat up as well. Not even a few moments later, the big tree lit up.

       "Wow." We both said.

       "I've seen this tree get lit every year for as long as I can remember and every year it still takes my breath away." I said, still staring at the beautifully lit tree.

       "It really is beautiful." Dean said, rubbing his hand up and down my arm.

        I looked back at him, expecting to see him looking at the tree but instead he was looking at me, a look of fondness on his face. I blushed but leaned in and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. He happily returned it. We spent the next half hour on the fire escape, finishing our cocoa and watching the snow continue to fall. It was cold out but we kept each other warm.

(A/N: I took some liberties with Y/N's apartment location but they really do do a tree lighting at Union Depot in St. Paul! I always love the tree lightings so I thought Y/N and Dean would enjoy it too. What about you? Let me know in the comments! Requests are open for the month of December so send yours in! That's all for now! Until next time! Thanks!!)