Ten

Stefan wasn't with Cecilia as she was getting fitted for her dress. Esther walked in smiling. "I see you have met your mate."

"I have mother."

"Cecilia, I'm surprised that the two of you aren't expecting." The blonde looked at her mother. "When I found out after you turned that later on that your mate will come, but I'm surprised it took this long, how did you wake up?"

"Stefan kissed me."

Rebekah smiled as she remembered that moment. It was a fairytale to her. She listened to their mother talk about how Cecilia is able to carry Stefan's kids causing her to smile as she knew one day, Cecilia will help her have a child. Rebekah walked away not once thinking this ball was a trap on both ends.
~~~
Cecilia walked into the grill holding Stefan's hand. "I can't wait to see what you are wearing."

"I can't wait either." She tells him as she kissed him.

Elena saw them kissing and glared at them. She went to interrupt them..."If I were you, I would back off." She heard and looked to see another guy with Rebekah. "My sister is an innocent soul, but she will kill anyone who gets in her way. Why do you think she was dagger?"

"I thought she was a ripper."

"That too." Edward says. "I'm Edward, Cecilia's brother."

"I'm..."

"Don't care." He says as he looked at the blonde. "And you are?"

"Caroline."

He nodded as he walked away. Rebekah looked at the two before going to her brother, sister and future brother in law. Elena wasn't too happy with how Stefan looked at Cecilia, she saw love in his eyes when he looked at the blonde, something he couldn't do for her. Caroline knew this was a mistake. "Elena, just drop it."

"Caroline, Stefan is under her control." She tells her not knowing Cecilia was standing behind her. "He loves me and I can prove it if I can get him alone."

Caroline saw the look on Cecilia's face as Stefan walked up behind them. "I don't know why you are trying to hurt Cecilia, but it has to stop before I kill you." He says as Elena looked at him. "I love her, you just can't see that."

"Because you love me! From day one, Stefan. You barely know Cecilia and yet, you claim to love her." Elena tells him as she went to cup his face just for Stefan to smack her hand away. "She has compelled you, Stefan and I can prove it."

Cecilia looked at Elena as she grabbed her by the hair and walked to the kitchen. She gasped as Cecilia put her head close to the boiler. "I dare you to continue your accusations, Miss. Gilbert or you can meet your fate in this boiling hot grease. Choose wisely."

"Cecilia, I think you made your point." Edward says pulling her away as Elena looked at him. "Everyone that knows you knows that you have never compelled a person before."

Stefan pulled the blonde into his arms. "I know I'm not compelled because I kissed you while you were trying to wake up from the dagger being pulled out." He tells her. "I have not once seen you compel anyone and Elena is just blinded by jealousy."

Cecilia smiled as she hugged him. "Come on, let's get ready for tonight." She tells him as she looked at Elena. "If I could take back your invitation I would, but this is mother's party." She smirked. "Piss me off at this party and you will become the main course. Got it."

Elena nodded as they walked away. She didn't know what to say. She keeps pissing of Cecilia and she will eventually be dead and then there is Stefan, he keeps telling her that he isn't compelled and that him and Cecilia are mates. Edward watched Elena walk away causing him to look at Rebekah. "Let's go."
~~~
That night, everyone was talking and dancing as Cecilia knew that all their guest has arrived. "My dear youngest, come join the rest of us."

Elena looked to see Stefan standing near the stairs waiting for Cecilia. Esther was making her speech as everyone stared at them. The blonde smiled at her mate as she couldn't wait to get to him. Stefan couldn't believe the dress she had on, she looked amazing causing him to smile as he wasn't going to spend time with her, alone.

After the speech, Cecilia walked down to him smiling. "Come on, we're not going to stay inside."

"I know of a place."

Elena watched them walk towards the back. She went to follow when a hand was put in front of her to see Edward. "I think it's time we have a little talk."
~~~
Outside, Stefan smiled as he danced with Cecilia. Klaus saw his little sister dancing causing him to say one thing. "Be happy, little sister."