Bechain dil hai hamara

Part : 6

Kavya stood in front of mirror and looked at her devastated state..her hair were total mess..the kajal has spread on her face..there were few cuts and bruises on her pale skin..she removed the jacket and looked at her torn sleeve...just then there was a knock on door..she quickly wore back the jacket..

Kav : come in..she whispered wondering who it can be..maybe Maya..but as the door knob turned and Adi entered in..she was shocked to see him..

He with few small steps came closer to her..

Adi : how are u feeling now?

Kav : better..she said in a slow whisper..

Adi : I came to chk ur wounds..sit..he ordered her..

Kav : m fine sir..

Adi : sit..i didn't asked u..he said in stern voice..

Arohi sat on edge if bed as Arjun pulled a stool to sit in front of her..he carefully held his foot and kept it on his thigh..he opened the box and took out cotton and bandage..

Kavya  tried to pull back her foot but he kept it there firmly..he cleaned the wound with cotton which made her hiss in pain..he looked at her and tried his best not to hurt her again...

He carefully dressed her wound and kept her foot carefully on floor..

He stood up from stool and sat beside her..

Adi : take out the jacket..

Kavya  hesitated a bit..

Adu : I need to apply ointment miss shrma ..so..

Kavya  removed the jacket feeling awkward..Adi turned his face to other side and once she kept the jacket side he turned towards her applied ointment on her bruised areas without looking at torn sleeve..

Adi thought of asking her about the boy and her family..but before he could ask Maya entered with food and spare clothes..

Maya: sumi mam ne inke liye khana aur kuch kapde bheje h..

Adi nodded and stood up..he signaled her to keep it beside kavya

Adi : Maya make sure she eats her food and see to it she gets everything she needs..he then looked at kavya ..take care..m just two doors away..feel free to call if u need anything..he said in concerned voice and turned to leave when kavya's soft voice stopped him..

Kavya stood up and moved towards him...

Kav : thank u sir for everything u did for me today..m really grateful to u..

Adi  just nodded with a sense of understanding..

Adi : don't think about that anymore..u r safe now..he said in a sincere voice...now u go have ur food and sleep well..good night..

Kav : good night sir..she said as Adi turned and left the room..

---------------

It was past midnight but sleep was still far from Adi 's eyes..he was standing near window looking outside in the endless sky...he hadn't reached on time the things could have been worsened..

He could see the pain and fear in kavya 's eyes..the incident brought back the memories of his scarred past...somewhere she might be also going through same pain and fear alone..he wondered loud..he saved kavya  today..but if he had been on time that day too..he could have prevented that horrible day from his life..that awful morning which shattered his life..she was too oblivious of what was happening with her..only if she knew..only if he knew...a lone tear slipped from his eye remembering her lifeless face..

He looked out in the sky..

Adi : I don't believe in u..i don't believe in ur existence..and why should I when u had snatched the most precious thing of my life..my happiness..my everything..but kavya  says..u exist..so please don't make her suffer like her..i don't want her to lose belief in u..because when trust breaks it hurts...when truth strikes it shatters...and I don't want her to go through all this..he prayed to god...he prayed for kavya  even if he had lost all his faith in him three years back...

He wiped his tear stained cheeks and closed his eyes composing himself..adi's chirpy face flashed in front of his eyes..he opened his eyes astoundingly..he was shocked..

Adi: kavya ..! but why? He pondered..he remembered his first meet with her..he was impressed by her confidence..and their later meetings..her advice..his apology..her understanding..how her changed behaviour irked him..how restless he became seeing her upset and lost..the girl definitely has some affect on him..seeing her in this state today killed him..her tears were like acid to him..when she withdrew from his arms..he felt an emptiness..he wanted to keep her there and protect her from everyone...but still the question was why?

In last 3 years he had not even noticed any girl so carefully let alone getting this much affected..even before that it was only her but then also he never felt so much driven towards her as he feeling towards kavya ..

There were so many questions budding in his mind..he blocked all questions..he was not willing to find their answers..he closed the window and tried sleeping..but just then he heard a loud shriek from kavya 's room..he ran towards her room immediately..

After lots of turns she had finally fell asleep but the memories of horrible incident were still fresh in her mind..she had a bad dream about it..and woke up with a start..she was still catching her breath when the door of her room pushed open and Adi entered in with anxious expression on his face..he switched on the lights and rushed to her..

Adi : kavya .u ok? he looked at her sweaty and petrified state..

Seeing him kavya  just threw her in his arms and hugged him still terrified with dream..adi  worriedly hugged her back giving her the security she was craving for..it didn't took him a moment to realize that she had a bad dream..he rubbed her back soothing her..

Adi : pssht...its ok..its ok..everything is ok..he lighly whispered in her ear calming her down..he pulled back feeling her relax..he picked up glass of water from stand and made her drink it..just then his dadi and parents entered in..

Dadi: Adi  puttar ki hoya? She asked worried about her..