II. ᴇꜱᴄᴀᴘᴇ

Hyun-su's eyes shot open as he let out a loud gasp for air.

His whole body ached from the car flipping. He couldn't see Ui-myeong anywhere, but he could see multiple soldiers, all lying on the ground, dead and bleeding.

Hyun-su began turning onto his stomach, his bones cracking as they realigned and fixed themselves. He winced slightly as he stood up. He looked even more of a mess now, with the right shoulder of his blazer ripped and his entire face and chest covered with blood. He spotted Ui-myeong underneath the overturned car, trying to get out.

Then, the sound of whimpering caught Hyun-su's attention.

One of the soldiers was still alive, but his left knee was visibly and badly dislocated, along with his entire foot. His right arm was broken too; and the soldier was coughing up blood.

Hyun-su began to slowly approach the soldier, but only got shouts. "Stay away. Get away from me! You monster."

Hyun-su stopped. Despite having been called that word so many times before, this one seemed to really hurt.

"Why are you doing this to us?" the soldier asked, his eyes filling with tears from the pain and agony. He began to cry, everything coming down on him at once. "Just kill me. I don't want to hurt anymore. Mom... Mom..."

A tear escaped Hyun-su's eye as he began to slowly approach the soldier again. Doing as the soldier pleaded, Hyun-su covered the soldier's face with his helmet... and then snapped his neck.

As he let go of the man's neck, Hyun-su began to hyperventilate.

This was his doing... all of this before him.

His hyperventilation then turned into a scream.

It was so strong.

So agonising.

Like all the pain built up over the last few months was finally coming out in this one scream.

How he wished Sung-hyo was there. To hold him. To tell him it was going to be alright.

He needed Sung-hyo... so badly.

His right hand slowly moved up to the large, round locket around his neck. He was thankful it was still there...

Eun-yu then dug into her pocket, grabbing Hyun-su's hand with her free hand as she did so, "She said if anything were to happen to her, she wanted you to have this." Eun-yu placed in his hand what seemed to be a locket. Then, she stood up and left.

Hyun-su gazed at the locket in his hand, his other hand seeming to want to gently stroke the locket as if it were made of glass.

Hyun-su saw a little bump on the side of the locket. Pushing it, the locket opened, revealing an image of the girl, Sung-hyo.

She was in a school uniform, smiling happily at the person who had been behind the camera. In her hands, she held a certificate and a pair of drumsticks.

Hyun-su pressed the bump on the locket, opening it and showing him the picture of Sung-hyo.

He began to cry as he stared at the image. It almost made him wish that he wasn't doing what he was about to do.

But he was still going to.

ᶠYͧoͨᵏu

Sung-hyo hated staying in the hospital bed.

She understood and knew she couldn't leave yet, but she hated being still.