X. ɴᴏ ᴀɴꜱᴡᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ Qᴜᴇꜱᴛɪᴏɴꜱ

Eun-yu didn't know who this child was standing before her, but the sight of the monsterized Dong-gi behind the girl made her reach out to her. "Are you okay? Come on. It's dangerous."

Dong-gi approached, snarling. Eun-yu reacted, her knife ready to stab him... when she stopped.

The girl remained standing where she was. Didn't flinch. Didn't scream. Didn't even seem to be scared of Dong-gi, especially when Eun-yu saw that the girl had grabbed Dong-gi's hand, seeming to have silently ordered him to stop.

"What? Are you going to kill him?" the girl asked, noticing how Eun-yu had frozen, her knife still above Dong-gi's head. "He's finally doing as he's told. Wait over there."

Dong-gi obeyed the girl's order, walking over to an abandoned, destroyed car nearby, snarling and snapping his teeth. If monsters didn't exist, Eun-yu would call him a zombie.

Turning back to the girl before her, Eun-yu spotted a red ribbon wrapped around the girl's right arm. Had this child been putting the ribbons throughout the city for the last year? If so, why?

"You're Lee Eun-yu?" the girl spoke, seeming to be taking in the older girl.

"How do you know that?" Eun-yu questioned.

"Big sis won't stop talking about you," Ah-yi answered. "And they're all gone because of you. Harmless as they were."

The girl began to walk away just as Eun-yu opened her mouth to ask the first of many questions.

"Wait..." Before Eun-yu could utter another word, she felt something crash into her and throw her into another nearby car. The teenage girl groaned at the pain, unable to stand up. The thing that had crashed into her looked like a baby; even the noises it made sounded like a baby.

"Don't," the girl said to the baby. "Not her. We're going now."

With that, Eun-yu could only watch as the girl, Dong-gi and the baby left her where she'd been thrown, dragging a dead Sang-jin with them.

ᶠYͧoͨᵏu

Eun-yu followed the girl and the monsterised Dong-gi to where they dumped Sang-jin's body.

It was beside the end of a lake, dumped in the middle of a grassy area but still out in the open; most likely so certain monsters could dispose of the body.

Eun-yu only did three things: Remove the stadium's scarf from his wrist (every member of the stadium had one on). Closed Sang-jin's eyes. Covered his head with a piece of newspaper that lay on the floor nearby.

Eun-yu left afterwards, beginning the long walk back to the stadium. It would be longer now due to the limp in her right leg.

She never noticed the two survivors who were hiding in the long grass, watching her leave.

ᶠYͧoͨᵏu

The sun had started to set by the time Eun-yu made it back to the stadium, using the same passageway she used that morning.

Questions swam through her mind as she continued her long, painful walk to safety.

What had Sung-hyo been doing all this time?

Who was that child? And was the big sis she was talking about Sung-hyo?

Why did Eun-hyeok avoid her again? How many times will he keep avoiding her?

ᶠYͧoͨᵏu

"They're heading back," Ji-ji spoke, removing the binoculars from his line of sight. He'd been watching the soldiers defend their stadium after an explosion rocked the city.

"About time," Sung-hyo sighed. Her shoulder was bandaged up and she'd changed her outfit, drying herself off. "They're slowpokes too... keep raiding the areas we've already emptied."

Ji-ji knew what Sung-hyo was getting at... Too many survivors, too little rations left. Sure, they had their allotment nearby to the boat and there were some apple trees, but they only grew so often.

People would slowly lose their hope. And their dignity.

"Any word from Yi-kyung?" Sung-hyo asked. "Ah-yi?"

"Nothing," Ji-ji shook his head, momentarily glancing down at the walkie strapped to his beltline. "She hasn't really spoken to us since that day."

Sung-hyo knew Ji-ji even hated to mention that day. The day Ah-yi was shot. The day Ji-ji blamed himself the most.

"Those assholes had what was coming," Sung-hyo tried to cheer up her brother, like she'd always done since that day. "Ah-yi is an extraordinary person. And Yi-kyung... she's trying. That I know. It may not be the best, but she's trying. I even had a few troubles when with Hyun-su."

Ji-ji only nodded. He understood that Sung-hyo didn't blame him for what happened to Ah-yi. Heck, maybe the entire world wouldn't blame him, especially when you remember it was five against two.

But he still blamed himself.

And he knew Yi-kyung blamed herself as well.

Author's note

Short chapter, sorryyyy

I wanted this chapter to just be on the 5th episode, and then realised how little screen time Sung-hyo would end having in that episode if she were an existing character.

See ya'll in the next chapter xx