IV. ꜰɪɴᴅɪɴɢ ʜʏᴜɴ-ꜱᴜ

"I don't like this, Ji-ji," Sung-hyo voiced.

"You wanted to find Hyun-su, didn't you?" Ji-ji asked.

"Yeah, but does it have to be this route?" Sung-hyo replied, her right foot tapping against the jeep's floor with worry.

"If Hyun-su is now in the hands of the military, which he most likely is, then the military are the only ones who have our answers," Ji-ji explained. "I don't like this plan that much either, but if they refuse to give us information, it's our next option."

ᶠYͧoͨᵏu

Ji-ji slammed his fist into the soldier for the fourth time in the last two minutes.

The soldier they'd found wasn't talking, leading to Ji-ji's second part of the plan.

"I told you we could go easy or hard," Ji-ji snarled at the bloody soldier, his pistol aimed at the soldier's head. "Where are the infectees taken? Answer now."

The soldier only seemed to chuckle, "Or what? You'll shoot me? Then you won't have answers."

"When did I say I'd shoot you in the head?" Ji-ji asked.

He pulled the trigger, which had changed direction to his shoulder. The soldier screamed at the sudden pain.

"Every time you don't answer my question, another bullet is going into your body," Ji-ji explained. "Once I run out of bullets, we're leaving you here. I heard one of the soldiers back at our safe zone that some of the monsters react to blood. I wonder if any will appear after we ditch you."

The soldier wasn't smiling anymore. Instead, he was shaking and tears were in his eyes - most likely from the pain in his shoulder.

Sung-hyo was watching the entire thing from the jeep, amazed at her brother's new side. Had he been like this during his enlistment?

Sung-hyo remembered those 18 months very well. Ji-ji had placed her in the care of his classmate's mother, who loved her as much as her actual mother had. Once Ji-ji returned, he found a job as a construction worker and they moved into Green Home, thanking the mother for all her care.

Sung-hyo wondered if the classmate and his mother were still alive. If they were, she hoped they were both in a safe zone. An actual safe zone.

"Okay, okay!" the soldier said. "They're all taken to a research facility in Bamseom."

"Where in Bamseom?" Sung-hyo asked from where she sat in the jeep. "That's an entire city."

"Bamseom Emergency Management Beauru," the soldier answered. "But that place is fortified like a castle. You'll never get in."

Ji-ji nodded, glad with the information they got. They now knew where Hyun-su was being kept. "We're going to get you in the jeep, and you're going to wrap up your own wound. Once we get to Bamseom, we'll drop you off by the bridge, where I'm sure one of your soldier buddies will find you."

ᶠYͧoͨᵏu

"That soldier was right," Ji-ji voiced, looking at the research facility through binoculars from far away. "The entrance alone is crowded with soldiers. It would take a very clever plan for us to get inside."

"Well, they got one place secure," Sung-hyo commented. "Guess they don't want the monsters they have inside escaping."

"They're doing one thing right," Ji-ji agreed with his sister's comment. "Alright, I think if we can--"