From the Heavens Forgotten Children

They say god is always near.
All seeing, all hearing, all answering and all believing.
They praise on received prayers and given miracles.
They spin tales of an ever living being, one who creates every specimen in his image.

They say he is all loving.
But this does not feel like love, no, it is long lasting rainy days and permanent chills stuck to your soul.

They say he will always protect you from the hardships of life that you are not yet to follow.
The path already carved, no light, you follow him blind.

All seeing he is, all hearing he is, yet he turns a cold shoulder to ones begging.

From the heavens beneath the earth, I wept on bent knees.
With whispered prayers and hushed apologies, i said what was to be his melody.

A hunched spine and tucked in shoulders trembling with every sob.
I swore to him, hoping that the darkness would be lifted so that I may see so that I may follow along the path carved just for me.

Yet the silence welcomed me as an old friend, placing a cold hug around me. It lacked the warmth i yearned for yet gave me the comfort i was denied.

He is all loving, they say, we are each a child to him.
So, what father would put us through this?