⋆ ࣪. 𝐣𝐨𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰

❝ 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐢 𝐝𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰?❞

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。

THE MUSIC DRIFTS softly out of the car radio. Your right hand is gripping the steering wheel tightly while your eyes are fixed on the road to get you and Joe home safely.

The last few days have been pretty chaotic and exhausting, so you are now more than happy to drive home with Joe in the passenger seat next to you.

Three weeks ago, Joe suffered a wrist injury during the game against the Ravens, forcing him to leave the second quarter.

This morning he had successfully undergone the operation and couldn't be dissuaded from staying in hospital any longer than necessary, so he was now on his way home with you.

He had been pretty quiet and lost in thought the whole journey, so you had more or less accepted the silence.

"Should we take some food home with us?" you break the silence as the building where Joe's favorite restaurant is located appears in your view.

"No, I just want to go home," he replies, mumbling, and a glance over at Joe shows you that he's still looking out of the window, as he has been the whole drive.

A soft sigh leaves your lips, but it's so quiet that Joe can't hear it.

Ever since Joe had to leave the field with his injury against the Ravens, Joe's mood has been pretty down and you knew the Bengals' star quarterback was blaming himself.

Every attempt to cheer Joe up so far had not really worked. But all the failed attempts were no reason for you to simply give up, which is why you started to plan in your head how you could cheer Joe up after all.

The rest of the journey, which wasn't too long, was another period of silence, in which not only Joe seemed to be lost in thought, but you too.

You were incredibly sorry and hurt to see your friend so dejected and introverted.

This situation wasn't easy even for you, because Joe wasn't the only one suffering. You were also affected by his injury and where he was.

You would have liked to take away all his frustration, pain and anger, if only you could do so without hesitation.

But as this was not possible, you had to resort to other means to make your boyfriend feel better.

   - - -

"Wait, let me help you." With two big steps, you closed the small distance to Joe so that you could help him out of his jacket.

His right forearm was in a cast, which was in a sling in which Joe was supposed to hold the arm most of the time.