XI*

Fire rose to the sky as people ran screaming and the cries of children echoed about. Kirk slid to a stop as he took in the sight. Orange, red, and yellow flames danced about casting an eerie glow over his face. His eyes widened as he watched as a woman held a younger male in her arms and screamed as she held him close to his chest.

Kirk took a step back as he tried to process what he witnessed. A dragon with black shimmering scales rose above the town with an evil glint in its piercing blue eye. Opening his maw, a ball formed in his throat as he dropped his head downward sending lightning against the ground. Small hands pushed against his back causing him to fall forward.

Hitting the ground hard, he turned as a shrill scream sounded from behind him. Shukura lay on her side, her clothes had been singed and her pink hair, slowly fading back to black as the vegetation around her began wilting. Kirk reached a hand out towards her as a second lighting bolt came into contact with her skin. Tears welled up in his eyes as he watched her limbless body disappear into ash.

Shaking, Kirk tried rising to his feet, but to no avail. Fear gripped his heart as a warm breeze blew past him and the buildings around him began igniting. A tear began rolling down his cheek as he watched the frame of a young woman come into view. Her wings cast a shadow on those who stood behind her, and her clothes were pure white with what appeared the insignia of a burning rose. He watched as the black dragon spewed lightning in her direction. Her wings wrapped around her body taking the hit and pushing her to the ground.

Rising to his feet, he raced toward the female. The girl turned her head causing him to pause. Her eyes were glowing a solid red with flames coming out of the corner. "Fear not." She spoke, "I was forged in fire and swear on my life to end this nightmare brought upon us." With those words, he watched as she turned towards him allowing a second bolt to hit her. He watched as she raised her hand allowing the bolt to wrap around her body burning off her skin until she was nothing but a flame standing before him.

Kirk watched as she raised her arms allowing all the flames from the surrounding buildings to move toward her and wrap her in its warmth as she began rising to the sky. The dragon let out a loud growl as black storm clouds began gathering around his head and tornadoes began dropping around him. He swallowed hard as he felt the pull of one on his left trying to drag him closer. "Star shine!" A voice called from above. He glanced upwards and watched as a girl with a small frame and what appeared to be a dress made out of rags with emerald hair pulled into pigtails, somersaulted, and landed on a star that appeared five feet above his head.

Taking a step back, he watched as she slammed her hands together before making some kind of sign with her fingers allowing yellow circles with stars at the center to appear on her palms. "Shooting star!" He watched as she pulled her hands towards her body before forcing them out of her body. Stars appeared in the sky above the black clouds glowing so bright he could make up eight forms—one over each tornado then one above the dragon. Bright yellow beams shot down from the sky. The tornados dispersed as the light overcame it and the dragon let out a deafening roar as it came into contact with his head.

"Phoenix flame." Could be heard as Alvera allowed her flames to form a giant bird that blasted itself into the dragon's maw pushing him back. The girl with emerald hair turned in his direction as the wind made her pigtails sway.

"I think it's time for you to wake up now. Shukura should have you healed by now and feeling better." She spoke as she crossed her arms, "Please remember, you have been shown the end of times because only you can save us." 

A cold wet substance moistened his forehead. He moaned as his eyes fluttered open with the words 'Only you can save us.' echoing in his mind. A soft small hand with slender fingers ran down his cheek as he looked to his left from where the arm had been outstretched before reaching up and tenderly holding the hand. He blinked trying to allow the lights of the candles to give him sight. Whatever they used to knock him out, had left him groggy enough to blur his vision.