XIV**

Air rushed past Eldwin as he plummeted downwards. He didn't know how long he had been falling, just that he had been falling for quite some time. The images of his home city are in disarray with every kind of natural disaster one could imagine. The image of his home plagued his mind along with his mother. He couldn't understand what she had to have gone through to be in such a state.

Eldwin closed his eyes wishing for death to come. He had to stop falling eventually and once he did, he could say goodbye to everyone he knew. He would never be able to attend another history lesson, attend his best friend's games, nor would he ever find out the truth behind Hamon's magic and how he made Kirk disappear without killing him as he had been led to believe.

The wind stopped pushing against him. He laid still in the blackness. He didn't know if he should move or stay put. A red light appeared in his eyelids signally, that he was now close to the light. His body trembled for he was fearful he would wake up in the streets of a dying city. "Eldwin," a female voice hissed. This voice was different from the last, her voice was low and haunting.

Opening his eyes, he took in the sight around him. He sat in the same throne room as before. The throne sat high allowing him to see the floor below. Fire lit up all around him giving off an eerie feeling. Movement from beside him made his anxiety raise as he jerked upwards and sat upright in his seat. He watched as a white dragon wrapped around the throne from the right and a blue dragon from the left.

Eldwin pulled back against the back of the throne. He took deep breaths as the monsters continued moving around him. "Eldwin," a male voice echoed. His eyes rested on the white dragon. Its red eyes meet his watchful gaze. He whimpered and glanced down, he couldn't explain it, but he felt as if the dragon was looking into his soul.

"It's okay, Eldwin, fear not. I am here to help you and protect you." Eldwin rose from his seat as anxiety began rising through his blood. The dragon drew closer. Eldwin ducked under his maw and raced down the stairs. Onlookers stood at attention as he raced through. The figures stepped away from one another leaving a small clearing for him to run through.

"Eldwin!" The white dragon demanded. Eldwin shook his head. He had no idea where he was going, but he had to get there as swiftly as possible. Questions whirled in his mind. He didn't know how the dragon knew his name but he refused to stick around and find out. A golden light hit him in the face. He raised his hand protecting his eyes from the light before he tripped; landing on his hands and knees.

A low rumbling came from behind him. He rolled on his back as the dragon landed on the ground. Slender fingers wrapped around his arm and helped him to his feet. He turned towards the person and noticed it was the same girl as before. She let go of his arm and bowed her head as she backed away towards a male who stood with his arms crossed staring into his back.

"Eldwin," the white dragon began as it moved closer, "I understand you're fearful. We dragons are powerful, but I promise some of us are gentle and kind." The world around him began moving, leaving him alone with the dragon. A sun began rising behind the dragon revealing a blue sky with white fluffy clouds and a forest behind the dragon. "Follow me." The dragon stated as he turned and headed towards a building that began appearing in the distance.

The center was easily the size of a football field with towers standing at attention on each side. Eldwin hung his head as he followed the dragon. Grass blades tickled his feet. They traveled towards the front door which was two wooden doors that swung open allowing them entrance. Eldwin turned and watched as the wide doors slammed shut behind them.

"Keep your mind straight and on the path of righteousness." The white dragon spoke from before him.

"Who are you? Where am I?" 

"My name is Omega." The dragon stated as he turned to face him, "I am a Prophet for the Creator and I rule over His land of Surga until his return. If you will follow me, I have something I need to show you." Eldwin watched as Omega turned left down a corridor and he followed after him. Omega traveled down the corridor and stopped before a painting with two men who were broad-shouldered and dressed in armor. The man on the right had a golden breastplate with a white dragon engraved on it's face, while the man on the left wore all black with a white dragon engraved on his breastplate.

"Who are these men?"

Eldwin watched as Omega paused and glanced toward the painting. The man in gold had a shield standing behind him, while a sword dangled from his hip. The man on the left had a whipped coiled on his. "Those were my most trusted soldiers. The one baring the golden armor was my most trusted advisor, Abraxas, I would trust him with my life, however, his brother Azeal had lost his way I pray fervently that the Creator will restore him to me, but I fear the longer he is away the less likely he will repent and return to my service."

Omega turned away from the picture and continued walking. Eldwin followed him. He didn't know what to make of this adventure. He didn't believe in dragons yet one was leading him down a corridor to who knows where. Soon, he will wake up and realize this will be nothing but a dream, he hoped.

Eldwin followed Omega through the palace. He stopped behind Omega as he came to a door painted blue with a conch shell handle. "This was my wife's room. Before you leave there is an armor I have placed in the middle of the room, however, it will be a long swim down. Know this, Eldwin, that to obtain the armor I have set apart for you, you must prove you are worthy and my servant shall deliver it to you. Heed mine and my daughter's warning and you will come out ahead."

Sucking in a deep breath, he stepped forward and opened the door. Stepping inside, his toes stepped on something grainy. Glancing down, he noticed he stood on sand with water rolling up on the sand before rolling back. He looked around the room. On both sides of the wall stood windows letting in light upon the watery service allowing it to shine bright and sparkle like gems.

Stepping inside the water, a rush of cold made goosebumps rise on his skin. Shivers shot up his spine as he took a step forward. Eldwin plummeted downwards as nothing rested under his foot to catch him. Eldwin flailed his arms about hoping to grab hold of something. His lung began burning from no air, yet he had no way to swim upwards. His vision began darling as giggles echoed through the underwater world. He looked below him and watched as a school of angelfish swam up to him. A young nymph stood in their mist giggling as she placed a hand over his neck. A medallion hit his chest hard as his feet suddenly pulled together.

Eldwin dropped his head and watched as mist wrapped around his legs and traveled upwards changing his legs into fins. He watched as the young mermaid swam down into another hallway disappearing out of sight. Eldwin took a deep breath through his new gills, allowing fresh air to fill his starving lungs, before following close behind. 

 The water nymph continued swimming through the halls. Pictures rested on the walls of a woman with bright blue hair holding a young girl that resembled the red-eyed female from before. A smile spread across his face as he continued. The nymph stopped before a door and motioned for him to enter. Arriving at the door, the nymph backed away before bowing and swimming off.

Watching her disappear, he turned back towards the door and pushed it open. He found the room had a sandy bottom like the rest of the tunnel, the walls painted a bright blue with vents resting on the walls allowing the water to move in and out of the room freely. The sound of roaring water entered his ears. He turned his head towards the right and noticed a door standing partly opened.

Swimming inside, he noticed water Lilies floated about in bubbles as wisps reached out of the floor and waved around a mannequin with a suit of armor. Eldwin approached the armor and looked it over. The bottom half was made for a merperson that was obvious from the tail and fluke design. He reached out his hand and towards the breastplate wondering how he could wear a woman's armor.

Placing his hand against the shoulder, the armor glowed before disappearing and reappearing around his body. He glanced downwards and noticed the breastplate had flattened to fit him and so had the tail and fluke covering. "Once you prove yourself worthy, this armor is yours to keep." Omega's voice spoke once more. A strong wave of water came rushing towards him, pushing him against the wall. All the breath he had in him was knocked out of his lungs. An electrical jolt shot through his body as his vision began fading into black.