XVI**

A shrill beeping sounded in the distance. Eldwin moaned as he rolled his head and glanced around his surroundings. After allowing his eyes to adjust to the bright light, he noticed that he rested in a hospital room with a window on his right. He shook his head as his mind raced with answers on how he could have ended up here. His mind flooded with answers as guns went off in the distance compounded with a tornado and Hamon standing in the mist.

Eldwin moved his stomach trying to sit upwards, he cried out in pain as he grabbed his stomach. He slammed his head back down on the pillow gritting his teeth. He felt as if someone had taken a sharp object and slammed it onto his gut. "Doctor McCoy to the Room 409" a woman's voice called over the speaker. Eldwin closed his eyes tight, he didn't know how he ended up here but he wanted to go home, he wanted to leave.

"Good morning, Mr. Carmicheal." A voice started from beside him. He jerked his head to the right and watched as a man dressed in blue scrubs with a face masked messed with an IV unit. Eldwin wanted to open his mouth and speak but he couldn't. He reached out to the man as he raised a syringe before him and flicked the vial, getting bubbles out. "I must say, you are the most difficult client I have ever had to say the least. Imagine my surprise when that car took you over the side and that man raised the water with just you in it. I wonder what it's like to have an ability like that."

Eldwin winced as the man raised it to the back of the IV to inject it. "Sir," a voice called from behind the man. He watched as he picked up his head to face the man who stood there in a white coat with a tablet in his hand.

"What are you giving that boy?" He questioned as he began typing.

"I am giving the boy 1 cc of ondansetron as Dr. McCoy requested." Nausea started overwhelming him. The man nodded at the nurse before turning on his heels and walking out of the room. The man chuckled as he went back to the IV unit. Something wasn't right about this man, he didn't know what it was, but he got a very uneasy feeling about this man. He watched as he put the syringe in the IV and pushed the contents into the line that led straight down into his hand. Eldwin pulled his arm away from the man, but it was too late, the liquid was traveling down the tube towards him. Eldwin shook his head violently back and forth. He didn't want this liquid, he wanted his mom there at least he knew she could be trusted.

As the liquid flowed into his hand, he felt his body shake violently. He tried still his arm as it began shaking but he couldn't stop it. His limbs slammed against the mattress as his chest jerked upwards. Drool began falling at the side of his mouth. He moaned for help as his breathing quickened he couldn't catch his breath and his movements were uncontrollable. The man laughed as he watched with pleasure. A grin was painted on his face. He wanted to ask him what he did to him and why he did this. His vision darkened as the heart monitor began beeping wildly.

**************************************

"Doctor McCoy to Room 405, please." Echoed through the hospital wing as a woman in her early forties walked through the halls holding a clipboard. She sighed as she went behind the reception desk and into a small break room. She placed the clipboard on a nearby table before collapsing into a chair with her hands over her eyes. It had been a week since her son, Eldwin had been brought into her on a stretcher. At that moment, she felt like her life had come to an end. Eldwin was pale, waterlogged and riddled with bullets. She almost couldn't recognize him.

"Sarai," a man stated as he walked into the break room. She glanced at him and smiled. He was their floor pharmacist and went around making sure everything was fine for them and consulting with doctors for best therapy before heading back down to the Pharmacy. "I wouldn't look so glum if I were you. I just saw Eldwin awake while a nurse gave him ondansetron." She straightened her back as a smile appeared on her face. Eldwin had finally awakened and she had to go to him.