VIII**

Turning the knob, Eldwin stepped inside his house. A strong scent of lavender hit him in the nose. Questions whirled in his mind as he inhaled deeply. After today's events, something soothing was just what he needed. He paused at the stairs leading up to the second floor and peered down the hall as the sound of pots and pans cleaning together came from further down the hall.

"Mom?" He shouted as he dropped his book bag over the banister. Saria peered through the doorway smiling.

"Eldwin, I didn't hear you come in." She smiled, "How was your trip?"

"It was great we learned a lot about Egyptians. When's supper?"

"It won't be for another hour." Eldwin's stomach growled. He placed a hand over it as he furrowed his brow he didn't want to wait an hour for his food, but he had no choice. "Do you have any homework? I'll call up to you when dinner's ready."

"The other teachers sent homework home with us last night knowing we wouldn't be in school today." He watched as her mother pulled her head back into the kitchen. Letting off a sigh, he pulled the bag off the banister and headed upstairs. He traversed the hallway till he arrived beside a room at the end of the hall and went into the left door. His mother's bedroom was on the right directly across from his.

Pushing the door open, he went inside. He let off a weary sigh as he glanced around his room. His bedroom was small, but he didn't mind. A window stood across from him in front of the desk facing the outside. Across from the desk was his bed nestled between two bookshelves. His comforter was green, blue, and gray striped.

Eldwin dropped his backpack on his bed before sitting down next to it. His stomach growled as he searched his bag for his homework. Placing a hand on his stomach, he rose from his bed and proceeded to his desk. He couldn't remember the last time he had eaten. He knew Mr. Del Mastro had given them lunch, but he didn't remember anything about it. He wasn't even sure he ate.

Plopping into his chair, he rolled his head back on the rest and dropped his books down. "Hamon," he stated, "I'm hungry, do something about it." A chuckle echoed through his room as the mist began swarming behind him. He turned his head and watched as he appeared out of the mist holding a silver tray.

"Of course, my Lord. I figured you would be starving." He picked his head up and watched as he set the tray next to him. The tray was filled with various fruits, vegetables, meats, and cheeses. His stomach growled as he reached for a slice of meat. He glanced behind him and noticed Hamon standing behind him at attention.

"So, did you kill Kirk?" He asked, drooping his head.

"I did not. I just made him disappear from this world. You need not fear, he is very much alive."

"Can you bring him back? I don't want all this trouble."

"I can not. Once someone leaves their world, they can not return without going through the proper channels."

Eldwin ate his piece of meat, "What does that mean? Proper channels?"

"That is none of your concern Master. I handle those details so you don't have to worry about it."

"Whatever it is, can you start it for Kirk? I know he is a pain in the butt, but I didn't expect or ask any of this."

"My role in this life is to obey your every word. You asked me to make him disappear. I did exactly as he asked." Eldwin paused as he turned and faced him. He was right, all he told him was he hated Kirk and wanted him to vanish. A sigh escaped his lips as he popped a grape into his mouth. "My Lord, I can see these troubles but don't worry, I have faith that you will be Egypt's answer to its current problems."

Turning towards him, Eldwin gave him a weary sigh, "Look," he stated as he rose from his seat, "I am not Pharaoh. I don't know what makes you think I am, but I'm not. I have no leadership qualities to me that could even lead someone to believe I was, to begin with."

"Have no fear, my Lord. Most Young Lords receive the throne before they are ready, but I believe that you have the drive and the passion to make a great nation."

Crossing his arms against his chest, he stared into Hamon's blue eyes as he drew closer to him. "You're not getting the point, I am not your master and I am not Pharaoh. Stop treating me as such. "I don't know where you came from or what you did with Kirk, but what I do know is I don't buy that you sent him where else and to return he has to go through the proper channels."

"My Lord, I would never lie to..."

"Because of you, I'm a murder." His gaze was cold; he could feel the mist covering his body and threatening to take over his very soul. Eldwin watched as Hamon bowed down on one knee before him with his back arched and a hand placed firmly against his breast.

"I humbly apologize, my Lord. I was in error. I should have mentioned to you before what your order detailed." He bowed his head low trying to show submission.

Anger shook through him. Sure, he admitted that the whole ordeal was his fault but yet he's letting him take the fall if it came down to it. He wanted nothing to do with this man and he didn't know anything about him, yet he's expected to call upon him day and night.

Turning towards the window, he inhaled sharply. "Hamon leave me. I never want to see you again."

"But, Sire...."

"Leave me alone and that's an order!" Eldwin shouted as he turned and snapped.

"Of course, Sire. If you change your mind and need me..." He trailed off as sapphire mist began wrapping around the servant as he rose to his feet. Eldwin watched as his body disappeared leaving nothing but his head, "Call my name." With that, his servant vanished.

Eldwin's body shook as he sat down trying to focus on his studies. His mind wandered to the conversation he just had as he tried working on his math homework. So much had happened just now and earlier that day he did not understand any of it. He shook his head trying to rid his brain of the thoughts that plagued him.

Yelling out in frustration, he grabbed his head and slammed his elbows into the mahogany wood. Dragging his hands down his face, he let out an irritated and exaggerated sigh. Footsteps echoed through the empty hall outside his door. Turned towards the door as his mother called out, "Eldwin, are you okay? What was all that yelling about?"

"It's nothing, Mom. Some of the numbers are running together on my math homework."

Returning to his assignments, he watched as the numbers and letters all ran together in a blurry haze. Moaning, he jerked upwards abruptly, knocking his chair to the floor. He couldn't stand it anymore. The thoughts of Kirk, the ghost with some strange mystical powers who claimed that he was a Pharaoh. His brain ached there was just too much to process.

Picking up the chair, he sat it back at his desk before wandering towards the door. He had to get outside, had to breathe some fresh air, and make some sense of the thoughts running through his mind. Forget them if at all possible. Grabbing the doorknob, he opened the door and raced through the hall, down the stairs, and out the door.