2

I took a seat in the classroom. The last time we had been in this room was when we were given our tributes.

Dean Highbottom had gone on some spiel about the Hunger Games and I couldn't bring myself to listen.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, and when I turned I saw someone handing me a note.

Dear, Iris.
I was wondering if you
wanted to sit with me at lunch.

My cheeks blushed. I couldn't believe that-

(Say yes)
-Felix

Felix?? Why would I want to sit with Felix and his snobby friends?!?! I would genuinely rath-

Coriolanus cleared his throat in the seat diagonal from me on the row above.

His eyes were stuck on the paper and his jaw was tense. He had a tinge of amusement on his face, as if he was going to laugh at any moment.

He found it funny that Felix thought I would sit with him? It was, but who was he to think that.

I turned my head a few seats higher up than Coriolanus and smiled at Felix before pulling out a piece of paper.

I would love to sit with you.
Thank you for asking.

<3 Iris

I asked the person next to Coriolanus to hand the note to Felix. She then handed it to Coriolanus, which I did not expect nor want to happen.

I figured he might throw it away, or read it aloud to embarrass me. But instead he gave me a slight smile and handed it directly to Felix.

Felix opened the note and his eyes grew wide as he smiled ear to ear. I smiled back, he was adorable, like a little kid.

My mind took control and I found myself looking at Coriolanus. His eyes were piercingly blue and he looked at me very intensely but there was a softness about it. It was like he was carefully gazing into my soul, and I let him.

I could feel that my smile had faded from a platonic adoration into a burning passion.

"You're staring."

I snapped out of my daze.

"Coriolanus Snow? I think you can do better." Nathan teased me quietly.

I rolled my eyes and focused on the lesson.

•••

I sat meekly poking at my food. A tray sat down and, to my surprise, Coriolanus Snow was towering over me.

"Can I help you?" I raised my brow.

"I have a few questions." He joked.

"Well, as you can see, I'm kind of on break right now."

"Mhm, this won't take long. I know you have prior engagements to attend to." He teased, there was a hint of disdain lying underneath.

"You think you can scare me by using big words?" I leaned in closer. "I'm not afraid of you."

He smiled, no smirked, like he had gotten exactly what he came for.