♤ FOUR ♤

"MAY I SPEAK TO YOU four for a moment?" liu kang asked as he looked at you, kenshi, johnny, and kung lao. he pulled you four away from raiden, who had just won the tournament "it's come to my attention that there is evil lurking here; it comes from shang tsung, a sorcerer. i'm sending you all on a mission to find and capture him for questioning. i am breaking empress sindel's rule regarding earthrealmers venturing through outworld, so please be careful" the god said, handing you a compass. "this will help you find shang tsung using his chi. i wish you all luck" liu kang spoke.

♤♤♤

the four of you traversed through outworld, now in the middle of nowhere. "my feet are killing me.." johnny complained. "suck it up, we haven't even been walking that long" kenshi told him. "maybe you could carry him out your back, kenshi" kung lao suggested as he did the very same thing to you. "i would only do it for sento" the swordsman said, making johnny groan. "guess i'll suffer" he replied.

you looked at the compass, quietly gasping. "stop here!" you exclaimed as you got off of kung lao's back. you were all by a camp, where a fight seemed to be going on. the needle pointed towards someone in the crowd. "that's shang tsung, right there" you said as you pointed to him. "alrighty, let's just head down there-" johnny spoke, only for kung lao to stop him. shang tsung was in a fight with the beings from the camp, which you soon realized were tarkatans. you tensed up upon the realization, taking a deep breath afterwards. "nevermind, they'll probably finish him off" johnny said. "we need him alive for lord liu kang!" kenshi said as he hopped down. you quickly followed after him.

kenshi grabbed onto the tarkatan who was attacking shang tsung, pulling him away. other tarkatans approached the group, ready to fight. this allowed shang tsung to transform into one of the beings, blending in with crowd. you looked down at the compass, growling. "dammit!" you said as you looked at kenshi. "you gonna be okay, kenshi??" you questioned, earning a nod from the male. you and the others began fighting the other tarkatans, making quick work of them.

kenshi defeated the tarkatan after a short while. "stand down" he told the others. "just let us explain; we're just trying to capture shang tsung for questioning. we don't work for him" kenshi told him. you held the compass up to the tarkatan. "though, we're unable to find him now" you spoke. "his laboratory is nearby. i can lead you there" he said.

♤♤♤

the five you walked. the tarkatan, whose name was baraka, spoke about how he and the others were victims of tarkat, a deadly disease. you had decided to tune that out, since you not only knew what tarkat was, but you've had experience dealing with it..

"here" baraka said, stopping. "we appreciate the help, baraka" kung lao replied as he nodded. "i will wait here" the tarkatan spoke as the four of you headed for the lab.

now inside, you noticed that shang tsung, rain, and tanya were standing around a strapped down mileena. "they're infecting her with tarkat" kung lao whispered. "and they got sindel's top dogs in on it.." johnny added, shaking his head. "we have to stop them..!" you spoke as johnny chuckled. "save a distressed damsel? easy work" he said confidently as you all revealed yourselves.

"get away from her!" kenshi exclaimed as you held onto your sword handle. "you bitch!" johnny said, looking at tanya. "what??" kung lao asked, confused. "you know, the movie! tiny girl, enormous alien? ripley!" the actor said, speaking in a high pitched voice whilst saying 'ripley.' he was only met with blank stares. "seriously??" johnny asked, offended.

"earthrealmers..how'd they find us?" rain questioned angrily. "they've already seen too much!" tanya added, drawing her weaponry. johnny and kenshi went for rain while you and kung lao approached tanya. "you interfere with imperial matters! this is none of your business!" the woman spoke, a scowl on her face. "you may be a bodyguard for the imperials, but i will happily put you into your place, even if i am a mere commoner" you replied angrily.

the three of you began to fight, you and kung lao tag-teaming tanya. you pulled your sword, kicking and slicing at your opponent. tanya growled as she attacked with her sanjiegun, getting a few hits on you. kung lao threw his hat at her as you started a combo. tanya was eventually defeated, along with rain. "some bodyguard you are; you can barely defend yourself" you told tanya, you and kung lao rushing over to shang tsung.

"i wouldn't move if were you" kung lao spoke, glaring. you pointed your blade at him as you narrowed your eyebrows. johnny came over to help keep shang tsung in place. "are you crazy? you earthrealmers have no idea what you're doing!" the sorcerer spoke as you walked over to mileena, where kenshi was.

"ugh..is it over..?" mileena said weakly, opening her eyes. "yes, princess mileena.." "we stopped shang tsung." her eyebrows furrowed, confused. "why??" she asked as she soon began to turn. you and kenshi backed away from mileena, whose face had begun to look like baraka's. you were fearful; this felt all too familiar..

"i need time to make another serum" shang tsung told them. kenshi nodded to you. "we just can't hurt her" he told you. "mhm.." you said as you sheathed your sword. "your blood..i smell it! how glorious it would be to lick it off my fingers!" mileena said as she circled the two of you. "we just want to help you, princess! please, just cooperate with us" kenshi replied. kenshi was the main one fighting, since you couldn't bring yourself to fight mileena, especially not in this state.

the swordsman swiftly ended the battle, rendering mileena weak. johnny and kung lao held onto a struggling mileena as shang tsung tried to inject her. "are you okay? you seem shaken" kenshi asked you. "i'll be fine" you replied. mileena broke free from johnny and kung lao's grasps.

what happened next felt like it was in slow motion. mileena grabbed two sai from the table, heading for johnny. kenshi quickly moved the actor out of the way. he yelled out as the sai stabbed into his eyes, blood spewing everywhere. both you and johnny's eyes widened as y'all watched. "KENSHI!" you both shouted, rushing to his side. shang tsung injected mileena, healing her of the tarkat.

♤♤♤♤♤