♤ SEVEN ♤

"MY EX HAD NO IDEA what she was talking about. spending 30k on this thing seems like quite the steal right now" johnny spoke as you, mileena, raiden, and kung lao watched footage from johnny's drone. "this magic is amazing..!" the princess said, intrigued. "not magic, your loveliness. technology" johnny replied.

"just know that i still don't trust you, shang tsung. you ruined syzoth's life" you told the sorcerer, glaring. "oh please, don't be so skeptical. we both can benefit from this" shang tsung responded, making you roll your eyes. "as for you, you just suck ass" you said to quan chi, who didn't even bother replying. johnny chuckled. "that's the cage mentality rubbing off on you" he told you, a grin on his face.

"anyways, scorpion, have you a plan?" raiden asked, looking at the male. "yes; you, shang tsung, and quan chi will use your magic to attack the portals. as you do, kenshi, y/n, and jerrod will grind down the dragon army. the rest of us will fight our dark doubles. when defeated, it should leave the army in disarray" scorpion explained. "an astute strategy" quan chi spoke, everybody nodding in agreement.

♤♤♤

everybody watched the army move along, waiting for the signal. kung lao gave it moments later. you, kenshi, and jerrod made your way over somewhere with a clear view of the marching army. the three of you readied your respective abilites. you all brought huge boulders down on the army; jerrod and kenshi using telekinesis whilst you used your energy filled attacks to punch them down.

everybody went on to do their respective jobs. the ground shook as raiden and the others ruined the portals. you shadow kicked one of the rocks, watching as it landed on the army. "i take it johnny taught you that?" kenshi asked, throwing down more rocks with his powers. you nodded. "he said that it's a cage family thing and that i count as family" you explained as you kicked and punched at more rocks. your statement made kenshi smile. "family is truly amazing..it's powerful too" jerrod spoke. "yeah, definitely" you replied, smiling at jerrod.

"anyways, that should be the last of the army. we should-" kenshi was interrupted by a punch, making him stumble. he fell off the mountain, hanging onto the ledge. you quickly rushed over to pull him up, but was kicked down. "Y/N!" kenshi called, letting go of the ledge and sliding down the mountain. meanwhile, jerrod was swiftly knocked out by the same person as they peered down at you and kenshi.

your body scraped against the side of the mountain before eventually hitting the ground with a thud. kenshi rushed to your side, helping you up as you groaned in pain. "i'll be fine..just some basic arm injuries..no problem here.." you told kenshi as blood flowed down your arms from wounds and gashes. "no, you're not okay! we need to find the others quickly-" "you won't be finding anything, takahashi" someone spoke, approaching. your eyes widened upon realizing who it was. "and here i am thinking that this day wouldn't come.." you muttered, weakly standing on your feet.

"and why's that, y/n? still afraid to face your past?" they spoke, their mask muffling their words. "just never thought it was possible to see another me" you replied as you readied your fists for kombat. dark y/n pulled their sword. "careful not to get too close; wouldn't want you to be infected, would we?" they said, pulling their mask down. "tarkat??" kenshi questioned as you tensed up. "that's a nice reaction..is that how you felt when you slaughtered our family?" dark y/n said as they pulled their mask up. kenshi looked at you, noticing the fear in your eyes. "..y/n, you don't have to fight them" he stated, making you shake your head. "i may not have to, but i need to" you replied as you walked towards dark you.

"searching for closure? unfortunately, you'll be dead before our sin is forgiven; nobody will miss us, not even those we held close" dark y/n said. you began attacking them. however, since your arms were scratched and bruised, you couldn't do much damage. dark y/n easily fended you off with their sword. kenshi jumped into the fight, using sento to prevent them from doing any more to you.

"this isn't your fight, takahashi!" dark y/n said angrily. "you've made it my fight. if you wish to cause harm to them, you'd have to kill me; and even then, i will continue to fight for them" kenshi replied, determination in his expression. "what're you, in love with them??" they questioned, disgusted. "i am, and nothing will make me feel any other way about them" the swordsman replied, making your eyes widen.

jerrod appeared behind dark y/n, attacking them from behind. kenshi eventually joined in, and you did the same, despite your injuries. it ended in the beheading of your dark self with your sword. you swung the blood from your blade before sheathing it. "are you two alright?" jerrod asked, earning a nod from kenshi. "for the most part. what about you? you were knocked for a while" you replied.

"not unconscious; simply waiting for kenshi's signal. while you were fighting, i woke up and we came up with a small plan" jerrod explained. "without talking? that's impressive!" you complimented. "anyways, we really should find the others so we can head back" kenshi suggested, to which the two of you agreed.

♤♤♤

"are you okay? fighting your dark double must've taken a toll on your mental health" kenshi spoke, looking at you. "you know..with everything that's happened, that's one of the few fights that's made me feel good; i finally got my closure..at least i feel that i did" you told him. kenshi smiled. "that's good to hear.." "by the way, kenshi..did you mean what you said?" you asked, a small blush appearing on both of your faces.

"yes i did, i had no reason to lie. you're an amazing person" the swordsman said. "i feel the same way about you..maybe we can be something more.." you replied. "after this is over" "definitely when this is over." you both chuckled at your responses, smiling happily at each other.

♤♤♤♤♤
this chapter is lowkey kinda dumb idk