♤ SIX ♤

"AND..THERE" JOHNNY SAID, WIPING teal paint from his fingers. "yeah, you look great!" he complimented as kung lao looked at your face. "great is definitely the word for it" the male joked. "what does that mean??" you asked, concerned as to what johnny did to your face. "nothing, just uhm.." kung lao grabbed a nearby skull mask, handing to you. "just wear that for now" he said, patting your head.

"in case you were wondering, johnny didn't do you any justice. he's just bad at applying paint" kenshi spoke as he glanced at the actor. "hey, this is why other people do makeup for me!" johnny replied as he put a costume on an unconscious quan chi.
"won't that be suspicious?" ashrah questioned. "it's like mardi gras out there; they'll just think he partied too hard" he spoke, grinning.

syzoth hopped down from the roof. "did you find a route?" you asked him, earning a nod. "head towards the stage, then right to the portal gate. but be warned- there are guards and constables everywhere" the zetarrean said. "i will cause a diversion so you'll be able to make it"."

"they're after you too, syzoth" kenshi pointed out. "if they wish to capture me, they will have to see me" he said as he went invisible. "that's so cool" you spoke, smiling. "yeah, no kidding. didn't know you could go full predator!" johnny added, amazed.

♤♤♤

the six of you walked through the crowds, careful not to draw attention. kung lao and johnny carried quan chi. you looked around. "if we were here under normal circumstances, i'd love to be part of this" you told kenshi. "yeah, it does seem like it would be fun and festive" the swordsman replied, nervously rubbing the back of his neck. "maybe there's something similar to this in earthrealm we can go to.." he suggested, looking at you. you looked back as a smile appeared in your face. "yeah, i'm sure there is. i'd love to go with you" you replied, making the male smile.

"where's that diversion?" kung lao spoke, looking around. as if on cue, strings of lights fell, flames coming off of them. "right on time, syzoth" ashrah said, smiling as the group began to hurry through the crowd. screams and cries rang out as more flames appeared. kenshi looked back, noticing syzoth being chased by li mei and reiko. "syzoth!" he exclaimed, running back. "wait, kenshi-!" "stay with the others! i will return!" he said. you watched as kenshi went deeper into the crowd before continuing to follow the others.

♤♤♤

"what's going on?" you asked, turning to look at kung lao and johnny. quan chi had started to wake up. they both looked at each other, shrugging before trying to knock him out again. the socerer fell backwards, revealing shao kahn. quan chi took the chance to run away. "what about him?" "only worry about the earthrealmers" the general spoke, glaring daggers at the four of you.

"if this was one of my movies, a comical and plucky sidekick would appear to help us" johnny said. kenshi and syzoth dropped down after he said that, making your eyes widen. "well that's convenient" kung lao spoke. "if we die today, we die together!" syzoth said. johnny rolled his eyes. "plucky for sure.." he muttered as he shadow kicked one of the guards who came with shao kahn.

a fight broke out against the group and the guards. you used your energy and martial arts to make quick work of them. "you have the powers too??" johnny asked, intrigued as he knocked out another guard. "yeah, born with 'em" you replied, throwing a guard to the ground. "you're officially one of the coolest people that i've met" the actor spoke. "it took you until seeing the powers to realize that?" kung lao butted in, catching his hat and placing it onto his head. you chuckled in response.

syzoth had defeated shao kahn, turning to all of you. "we have to go, now!" he warned as the six of you sprinted towards the portal. more guards appeared, attempting to chase you down. johnny punched one of them in the face, proudly laughing.

♤♤♤

the six of you ran through the portal, panting. you all turned as the portal closed. "ah jeez..my shoulder's starting to hurt again.." you said, taking off your mask and wiping your face with your arm. everybody took off their costumes as liu kang approached. "johnny, kenshi, kung lao, y/n..you have returned safely" the god spoke, his eyes widening a bit when he saw you and kenshi. "by the elder gods!" he exclaimed.

"just a minor injury, lord liu kang. i'll be fine" you reassured, smiling. "as for me, i was blinded while we were dealing with shang tsung; however, sento restored my vision in its own way" kenshi explained. "i am glad that sento resonated with you. though, i was hoping that things would be different this time" liu kang said, making you raise an eyebrow.

"this time?" you repeated. "forgive me, y/n. i misspoke" he spoke, earning a nod from you. "now go. the monks will attend to your wounds. be sure to get ample rest" liu kang instructed. everybody (besides johnny, ashrah, and syzoth) headed in, doing what they needed to do.

♤♤♤

you finished washing the paint from your face. you sighed, looking at your wound. it was mostly healed, due to a healing potion given to you. "y/n? are you in here?" you instantly recognized the voice. "yeah, i'm here, kenshi. what's up?" you asked, walking up to the male. "ah. good to see that you're in stable condition" the swordsman said, smiling. "we looked ridiculous in those costumes, huh?" you said, chuckling. "yeah, definitely. hopefully, johnny won't have us do anything else like that" kenshi replied.

"by the way, how's your shoulder healing?" he asked, looking at the new bandages on the wound. "eh, i'll be fine in a couple days. definitely gonna leave a bruise though..that havik guy doesn't mess around.." you answered. "i apologize for not being able to protect you" kenshi said, making you shake your head. "you don't need to apologize, you were blind. besides, battle scars, you know?" you reply, leaning your sword against a wall. kenshi nodded. "yes, i suppose so..oh! hold on, you got a little paint.."

kenshi used his thumb to wipe off some of the paint from your cheek, making you blush a bit. "there. now, i will leave you be, i will go train with the others. rest easy, y/n" he said, smiling. you smiled back. and with that, kenshi took his leave.

♤♤♤♤♤