4

"What's going on?!" I snapped at my sister. She won't give me a moment to breathe. She's called me about thirty times today already!! Can't she see that I'm studying for an exam, and she keeps bothering me!

"Please, come quickly to the park! Something happened to Roxy!" She desperately spoke into the phone. I broke out in a cold sweat and jumped out of my chair.

"W-where in the park?!" I started to panic. For God's sake, what happened to her?! What did she eat again?! Or what if some other dog bit her?! I told her to pick her up when passing by another dog!! I'll kill her if it's something serious! Hang in there, Roxy, I'm coming!

"Where I always take her." I quickly threw on a thin coat, put on my shoes, and rushed down the stairs right behind her. I took the stairs two at a time, nearly stumbled, but that was irrelevant now. I was running for my life. The worst possible scenarios flashed through my mind. I reached there and scanned for Lily and Roxy. I spotted Lily. As I approached, I noticed Rose beside her. What is she doing here?

"Hello," they both greeted me with a smile.

"Where is Roxy?! What happened to her?!" I gasped for breath, worried.

"You can see for yourself." Lily motioned behind her. I furrowed my brow in confusion. I looked in that direction. Oh, no! This is what it's about. Lily couldn't resist, had to do it and use Roxy in such a mean way! To put me through such shocks. There were guys with their backs turned towards me, clustered around my dog. I cleared my throat. Immediately, they turned around and pounced on me like vultures. They all hugged me, except for Tae. He held Roxy in his arms and pampered her. God, he looked genuinely good, even better than at school. Our eyes met, and an awkward silence ensued. Everyone was watching us, making the situation even more awkward. I approached him.

"Can I have Roxy, please?" I reached out for her, and as he handed her over, our fingers touched. It was only for a moment, but I felt it, that familiar sensation when our hands touched. Everything came rushing back, all those memories flashed through my mind. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and exhaled.

"It's disgusting to exploit a dog like this! Aren't you ashamed, Lily?! Do you know how scared I was for her?!" I turned to my sister.

"Sorry," she innocently mouthed.

"Don't blame her; it was my idea," Rose confessed. I pierced her with a look, listening to the guys' questions. It was great to see them after such a long time. I felt Tae's gaze on me, but I didn't want to turn around. He barely spoke to me properly during all this time. In the end, the guys hugged me one by one, and Tae remained the last. I didn't know whether to hug him or not. Eventually, Hoseok nudged him, and we embraced. There was something different about our hug, something more intense and much longer than with the others. Our eyes met, and a palpable tension lingered. Everyone noticed it. I don't know if they have anything to do, but they keep watching and trying to put us back together. They think it's easy, but it's not. And I don't want that!

"You don't have to freak out about it! Nothing terrible happened."

"Like nothing happened?! I was totally scared!" I crossed my arms and threw myself onto the bed. Lee rolled her eyes and sat on the chair.

"At what time are you going?" she asked and twirled around on the chair. I looked at my sister. I didn't want her to hear where I was going.

"Lily? Shouldn't you be going home now?" I raised an eyebrow.

"What? No."

"I think you should." I gestured for her to leave.

"Ugh! Fine, I'm going." Annoyed, she picked up her bag from the floor and left.