67. "I care more about Mihrimah, if I'm being honest."

(1159 words)

I returned to my house the next morning. Blayze was my driver yet again. He was supposed to come back to my place in the evening, this time to meet my parents. As my boyfriend. He was nervous, to say the least, and it was honestly kind of funny seeing him like that. The tough Blayze Colton being afraid of my parents. My mom especially.

I knew mom's opinion of him had changed, but even I was still nervous about how she would behave with him. We would only find out over dinner.

As evening began to set in and Blayze's arrival time grew closer, I helped mom with dinner. Instead of having the cook make it, she insisted she would do it on her own, so I decided to assist her.

"Mom, you'll be nice to him, right?" I asked nervously, as I worked around the kitchen with her.

"Yes." Was her brief reply.

I sighed. "Mom, please don't say anything mean. He's extremely nervous about meeting you."

"Is he?"

"Yes. I've never seen him like that before. Remember what I told you, okay? He's an incredible guy. I love him and he loves me." I reminded her.

"Mihrimah, I'm not going to eat him." She scoffed.

"Do not mention his past flings, please." I requested.

"I'm your mother. I'm not going to mention his meaningless flings in front of my daughter." She replied.

"Okay..."

She sighed. "It sounds like you're my mother."

I laughed softly.

I hope this dinner goes well...

Blayze showed up exactly on time with a bouquet of roses. We all greeted him before escorting him to the dining table where we all took our seats. I sat next to him, giving him a gentle pat on the thigh. I could feel his nervousness radiating off of him.

He cleared his throat. "Thank you for inviting me to dinner." He spoke.

"You're most welcome. How was work today?" Dad replied.

"As usual. It was fine." He answered.

"The press conference for the app is in a couple of weeks, right?" Mom asked. Meanwhile, the house help served us food.

"Yes, Mrs. Woods." He replied.

"Me and mom made dinner." I told him.

He smiled. "Really? That's so nice. Thank you."

"I hope you'll like it." Mom gave him a small smile.

"I'm sure I will." He smiled back.

"So, are you happy with my daughter?" She asked, spooning the rice that was served on her plate.

"I've never been happier." He responded. I bit my lip to keep back my grin.

"If you hurt her, do you know what I'll do to you?" She asked with a straight face.

Great.

"You'll... cut my limbs and feed them to the dogs?" Blayze suggested. I covered my mouth to hold my laughter back.

Silence suddenly fell. Oh no. Did mom not take that well?

To my surprise, mom's face eased up into a smile as she laughed softly. Dad laughed too. "Okay, I like that you're aware of what consequences you would have to face in the event that such a situation arises... but you care about your limbs, right?" She responded.