Our best friend

Teresa just wants to go home after waiting tables at her part time job. Once the restaurant is closed, she helps the owner and her coworkers clean up the restaurant. They all say their goodbyes and she heads home.

As she walks home, she remembers her overdue bills. At this point she'll get kicked out of her apartment! Teresa then pulls out her phone from her pocket and reads a novel that has gotten her hooked for weeks: 'Taming the tyrant'. Yes, the name is unique and it is an underrated novel but that is mostly what Teresa likes. Underrated novels.

The story is about a fantasy world with a tyrant. The tyrant killed everyone who made him angry in the slightest way, but that is until he meets his love interest. But previously, to gain more power, he got into a political marriage with the daughter of a duke. When he finally saw the female main character, he experienced love at first and showed her nothing but love. The only one who could make him calm down was the main love interest and it was just interesting seeing their dynamic. At the end of the novel, he kills his wife and villain: the main characters get married out of love and live happily ever after.

Rereading the story is what Teresa likes doing, since the novel is her favorite. She then walks across the pedestrian crossing, her phone still in hand. The plot of the novel is so good that she doesn't notice her best friend running toward her.

It's truck-kun! He speeds toward Teresa and when she finally looks up from her phone, she gets hit by the truck. She lands on the floor, dropping her phone in the process. Blood trickles from her wounds, her vision getting blurry by the minute. Before help can reach her, she lays on the floor, taking in her final breaths and dying. When she dies, her hand falls close to her phone, its screen broken but the novel still showing on the screen.

Teresa opens her eyes and she realizes she's still alive! She tries to sit up but notices her hands are small? She looks at them and finally understands her situation. Did she reincarnate?

A person Teresa assumes is a maid picks her up from the crib and sings her a lullaby. Is the maid trying to make her fall asleep?

"Bianca", the maid calls out and it takes Teresa seconds to realize the maid is calling her supposed name. But why did that name sound so familiar though? Suddenly she remembers, and opens her mouth in shock. Isn't it Bianca? The wife of the tyrant who got killed at the end of the novel? Teresa screams in her head, realizing her situation. Reincarnating into a character in a novel that was supposed to be killed is something no one will wish for. Now she has 18 years, 18 years to change her fate, before meeting the man that kills her.

________________________________

The tropes used in this story are the truck-kun trope, the tyrant trope and maybe another trope that involves mostly the female main characters reincarnating into a side character in a novel (I've been seeing a lot of manhwas with that so it might be a trope). I'm gonna write a whole chapter dedicated to the tyrant trope so if you want me to write about the tyrant trope with a whole new story or a continuation of this, please tell me in the comments. And if you don't know what truck-kun is, it's a trope that happens in iseka animes, novels, manhwas, mangas or comics where a truck hits the main character, kills them and sends them to a different world. Truck-kun, our best friend mostly runs into female protagonists, hence the name. The funny thing is, the truck always looks the same, from the type and color of the truck to even the color of the shirt the driver wears. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this little story. See you!