Chapter 10

We were staring at each other for quite a while, and I was just waiting to see the shy Bada, who couldn't seem to have long eye contact with me these past two days, but to my dismay... or not, it didn't go to what I wanted because she just raised her eyebrow at me with a tilted head.

That's cheating.

I remove my gaze from her before clearing my throat. "Well, I'm thinking of just a chill night. Is that okay with you?" I said before adding the address to the navigation of the car and hitting the road.

"Just right, my alley," she said before adjusting the seat to make more room for her legs.

We have approximately 25 minutes before arriving at the location, and we just settle into a comfortable, silent drive with soft background music playing from the radio.

As I drive, I take a glance at Bada from time to time, and I can't believe that she's with me. I know that she notices my glances at her because, at some point, I see her lips form a little smile.

And by just that action of hers, I know that I am blushing. Hoping that she will not notice it.

"So, did you do something earlier or did you just take a rest?" I ask, wanting to have a conversation with her and also hear her voice.

"I got a 2-hour class earlier today. That's all, then go straight to my apartment to rest. How about you?" she said, giving her attention to me.

While I wanted to look back at her, I couldn't really because I was still driving in the middle of the highway. "Me? I was sooo productive earlier before picking you up. Like I have been traveling abroad, then I sight-see dinosaurs, then go to an arcade to ride a roller coaster, then eat an ice cream cone in a pasta restaurant," I said, finishing with a chuckle as I took her reaction, which was full of curiosity and bewilderment. I let out a laugh, seeing that adorable face.

"You know that you don't make any sense, right?" she said as she gave me a smile while shaking her head.

"You can blame my dreams for that," I said, giving her a glance.

"So, are you saying that you have been sleeping all this time before picking me up?"

"Erm, yes?"

"Ooh, so you've slept for around 12 hours? I wish I also got that much sleep."

"Well, we have been busy with filming and dancing, and that drained me a lot. Well, I know that all of us are. But you sleep well after we end the call, right?"

"Yeah, the best sleep I have gotten these past few months, I can say."

"Aww, I'm flattered and honored knowing that my presence was needed for you to have a very good night's sleep~" I said in a sing-song voice, earning me a soft laugh from Bada, and I now confirm that her laugh is now going to be my favorite sound.

"But in all seriousness, thank you, Y/N," she said, making me look at her, wanting to know for what reason.

"For?"

"Well, for befriending me? I mean, we're friends, right?"

"Of course we are. I am not going to be with you right now if we are not," I said, giving her a sincere smile.

"Thanks a lot for earlier. Like, really, I am not joking when I say that earlier was the most comfortable and best sleep I got these past few months, and I believe that is thanks to you. And for this," she said, and I noticed that she was playing with the rings on her fingers.

"You are very welcome, and like what I have said, feel free to use my number. Call me whenever; I will answer it," I said, smiling at her, reaching for her hand, and giving it a squeeze.