𝓉𝑒𝓃🌿

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜...Hazel was learning how to hunt, the omaticyan way.

She wore her green stone necklace long with a beige feathered top

She wore her green stone necklace long with a beige feathered top. Her dark green loin cloth flowed as the wind crashed against her body. She crouched down to take a closer look at animal tracks she laid eyes on, "what animal does this belong to?" Neteyam whispered before placing a hand on her smooth thigh.

Hazel let out a shaky breath as she analyzed the animal foot print, "it looks like a flat headed Capra" she murmured while lowering herself to the ground and crawling military style. Neteyam placed a hand on her lower back until she stopped "does it look like that, or is it a capra"  he challenged her.

Hazel looked around making sure to watch her surroundings, she then scooted closer to neteyam until their arms were touching "it's a Capra, flat headed to be exact" she whispered. chills went through neteyams body but he shook it off. "do what I taught you, go" he ordered while staying back and watching her crawl lowly.

Hazel held her breath the moment she laid eyes on the animal. She placed one firm hand on the ground while swiftly hopping up into a squatting position. She pulled her bow from her back before quietly readying an arrow. She took a shallow breath as she pulled the arrow back, just as she was about to release the arrow she seen a different arrow hit the tree next to the animal, missing it.

The capra took off running but that didn't stop her, "I'm going to pass this shit today dude" she murmured to herself as she leapt up and began chasing after it, "Hazel?" She heard a familiar voice calling her name. She ignored it and kept running after the capra. She was eager to successfully hunt something so that she could move on to the next task.

Her feet dug deeper into the dark moist dirt as she ran like her life depended on it. Neteyam wasn't too far behind the girl either, "Hazel what are you doing?!" He shouted while trying his best to keep up with her.

The capra jumped over a large tree branch but that didn't stop Hazel, she climbed onto the moss covered branch and pulled back an arrow making sure to release it without waiting another second. A high pitched grunt escaped her lips as she watched the arrow pierce the capras chest.

Once the animal collapsed onto the forest floor Hazel quickly made her way over to it, her heart ached when she heard the Capra whining. It was in severe pain and it hurt her to see that because she knew what being close to death felt like, after all it was her reality for her entire life.

Neteyam and lo'ak stood back as they watched Hazels every move.

The girl pulled her knife from her chest holder before placing the tip over its heart, "sister I see you, may your soul run with the great mother while your body remains with the people" her voice grew soft as she pushed the knife into the animals heart finally putting it out of its misery. "Mawey tsmuke mawey" she whispered before leaning down and wrapping her arms around the animal.

Neteyam ran over to her "you did good bro" he smiled, once he seen hazel crying his smile dropped. He placed a warm hand on the back of her neck, "she is with eywa now, remember the great mother holds all of her children in her heart" he murmured before pulling her head into his chest.

lo'ak walked up behind them "Hazel I'm sorry I didn't know you were hunting so soon" he rambled but stopped when the girl stood up and wrapped her arms around his waist. "Shut up before you make me barf" she joked before pushing him away gently.

Neteyams jaw clenched when he seen her hugging the boy, "you are ready to tame your ikran!" lo'ak exclaimed while yanking the girls tail playfully. Hazel spun around and hissed "I will after I kick your ass skawng" she teased while trying to pull on his tail.

Neteyam angrily stomped over to his brother before grabbing his shoulder and using his free hand to push him back roughly. "Neteyam what are you doing?" The girl questioned but was silenced when she seen him hold up his hand. "I tell her when she's ready for something not you" he growled as he rammed his pointer finger into his chest.

lo'ak held up both of his hands while chuckling "you got it perfect little soldier"

Hazel watched neteyams braids sway aggressively as he nodded wildly "really?" neteyam murmured before walking towards Hazel and grabbing her hand pulling her away.

"What is your problem?" Hazel asked, neteyam released her hand once they approached other villagers

"What is your problem?" Hazel asked, neteyam released her hand once they approached other villagers. "He almost screwed up your hunting test that's my problem"  he bluntly stated while waving at a group of girls that were gushing over him. Hazel rolled her eyes and gave them the middle finger, "he didn't mean to" she hissed lowly while elbowing him.

neteyam stopped walking and groaned "you used to hate loak and now you're defending him for the stupid shit he does?" he looked down at her with anger written all over his face. hazel rolled her eyes and placed her cold hand on the side of his neck, "are you jealous beca-" neteyam cut her off "i am seeing someone why would i be jealous of you and lo'ak?" he tilted his head while searching her eyes for a answer.

hazels small smile faded into a frown, "i was going to say are you jealous because he's funnier than you but you know what go kick rocks neteyam" she removed her hand from the side of his neck and stormed off.