𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒🌿

нαѕ ρσν

A sigh of relief escaped my lips as i watched my toes wiggle themselves deeper into the hot beige sand

"i can feel her, and even hear her" kiri was ranting about how she is finally understanding her strong connection with the great mother.

Other people deemed her as crazy, but i always knew that she was born special. "what does she sound like?" i turned my head to look at her, a look of amazement was written all over her face.

The corners of her eyes wrinkled, as a smile barely touched her lips "she sounds.." kiri trailed off, blinking rapidly as if she was fighting the urge to cry. "mighty" she added before falling silent.

"wow, thats amazing kiri" i whispered while looking around to see if anyone was lurking on our conversation. No one could ever find out that kiri was basically the jesus of pandora. They would either use her, or the sky people would torture her with inhumane testing.

Kiri placed a cold hand on my shoulder, i fixed my gaze back onto her only to see tears filling up in her eyes. "you don't believe me? do you?" her voice cracked.

She began rubbing her eyebrows in an attempt to hide the fact that she was upset, i swiftly grabbed both of her hands and waited until she looked me in the eyes.

She kept the eye contact very minimal, but it was good enough for me "i see you" i took my time saying each word so that she would understand that i was being genuine. "eywa has blessed you with a gift, i've always seen it" i told her in a hushed tone.

A huge smile formed on her lips, one big enough to nearly touch her eyes. "come let me show you something" she rushed her words before walking into the water.

My eyelids blinked rapidly as i watched her lay on her stomach and poke her head into the water. "this should be interesting" i muttered under my breath before joining her.

I squinted my eyes at the grains of sand that seemed to be moving wherever kiri would look, very intriguing to say the least.

A pair of teal blue feet stepped on my hands, i rolled my eyes as i pulled my hands from underneath the persons feet. "are you two some kind of...freaks?" aonung asked with a wrinkled nose.

Before i could say anything kiri got up "huh?" she breathlessly asked as she moved her wet bangs out of her face "what'd you say?" her eyelids blinked rapidly, clearing them of the salty water.

"he asked if you were a freak" a guy who looked like roxto repeated the same dumbass question that the chiefs son asked earlier.

I almost broke my neck from whipping it so fast to look at kiri, her eyes darted to each one of the men before saying "no" she stood up out of the water and began walking away. I groaned loudly while following her closely.