Prologue- How it became

LIAMS POV

It has been a few weeks since I was able to send everyone back home from the plane. I'm living with Bryce at the moment because I had no where else to go. I've tried to look for a job with the help of texty but not many places will hire you when your considered dead. Bryce was off from work today so we decided to go for a walk in the nearby park.

"It feels so good to finally be out of the apartment" I said as I stretched stepping into the park gates "Well I guess your right." Bryce shrugged. The two of us continued our walk the sun cast a gentle light as the air flew through my straps I took it all in but heard a faint crying from behind a tree. I listened around again to see where the sound was coming from
"Liam what are you do-" I quickly put my hand over his mouth as he pulled it away from his face.

"Bryce I hear someone crying I'm going to go cheer them up" I said proudly "That is the stupidest idea that ever came out of your mouth, actually it's not" Bryce looked at me sternly, I ignored him and walked up to the tree to find a pink hydroflask sitting by themself. "Hey there, are you okay?" I bent down to be at the kids level they seemed to be about 5 years old, maybe? The kid looked at me and wiped a tear from her eye "no.." she replied sadly "Well what's wrong then?" I tried my best to comfort her to the best of my ability but wasn't quite sure if it was helping
"I'm supposed to go into foster care but I don't want to, the people who their sending me to is mean and rude all they do is yell" She spoke again looking down at the grass for a brief moment. I just froze for a moment, I felt bad for this kid I felt like I should help her in someway but I didn't know how.... I GOT IT.

BRYCES POV

I've been sitting on this bench waiting for Liam to come out from the trees. Though it felt nice to get some peace and quiet, it was short lived as I heard a nightlight call out looking for someone "Valerie! Valerie! She couldn't have gotten far.." I heard them mumbling frantically to themself.
I got up from my chair and walked over to them "Did you need any help looking for this person" I said with a tired sigh "Yes! That would be so helpful! Their name is Valerie, their a pink hydro flask, short, at the age of 5. Please help me find her soon" The nightlight was begging at this point. I just nodded as I went to go towards the trees again, it would be better if I told Liam where I was going before I started looking for some kid.

As I peered behind the trees where Liam was sitting I saw the kid the nightlight was looking for "Liam, some nightlight is looking for Valerie" I turned to the pink hydroflask "Your Valerie I think? Someone's looking for you, it's some nightlight" I shrugged a bit before Liam stood up to face me so did the child who seemed excited for some reason.
Liam said something quickly "Bryce don't be mad but I think I should adopt this kid, they say that the place that their being sent to isn't good so I think the best way to help her is to take care of her ourself" I said nervously as I just stood there is shock
"Liam you know how earlier I said that coming over to comfort a person behind a tree was the craziest thing you've ever done? I change my mind, this is. Liam my apartment barely has enough room for the both of us! Howcan we keep a child living there with us?" I said in panicked tone. What was he even thinking! He doesn't even have a job yet for himself! I glanced up to see Liam upset and a bit defeated, I felt like I should've said no but the only words that escaped my mouth was,
"Fine... You better find a job soon though but for now I'll just pick up extra shifts" I said feeling a defeated myself letting out a small smile as Liam quickly wrapped his arms around me pulling me into a hug. I followed Liam from out behind the trees as Valerie skipped beside me,
"Hi there you must be Liam's friend" She said cheerfully as we continued our walk "yep also my roommate" I groaned, how does Liam keep dragging me into stuff like this? "How did you guys become friends?" She asked again, I wasn't going to tell her the actual reason we met but that question just made me stop in my tracks. Valerie seemed to noticed as she to stopped her skipping "it's nothing much.... I'll tell you later on" I said I quickly kept walking.

I spotted the night light from earlier as I walked up to them. "Valerie! How many times were you told by the caretakers that you must obey the rules!" The nightlight said rather angrily "thank you so much for finding her" The caretaker worker bowed
"Actually there is something I want to ask you" Liam said butting in to the conversation from behind me "hm? And what is that?" They stood up and looked a Liam "Is it possible that we could uh- maybe adopt Valerie?" Liam asked nervously, it wasn't everyday you adopt a random child. "Sure as long as you pay and fill out some papers" The nightlight replied

"Surprised they didn't do much to check for all they know we could be killers or something, really shows how much this place cares.." I thought to myself as we walked down sidewalks to a near by orphanage. The orphanage looked like it was about to break if even on more person stepped into the building but still vintage, I don't know much about home decorating anyway.
We signed the papers as we filled out quick answers about where we live, phone, numbers, payments and documents. We payed as Valerie came downstairs with a briefcase full of her belongings "we'll be visiting you every week for a month so just make sure nothing happens then and you'll be good for the rest of the time" The person at the desk said before handing us a copy of all the stuff we just signed "okay bye" I waved as we all piled into the car. The drive felt like hours as we finally arrived at my apartment door. We all marched inside as I quickly just fell onto my bed "Liam you get everything else done I'm going to get rest" I said my voice has muffled out as I laid on the bed "Okay Bryce" He said before I fell asleep.

VALERIES POV

I studied the apartment it wasn't the biggest but, it was better then the shabby room I had gotten before. "You can sleep on the couch it!s pull out by the way, I'll just share a bed with Bryce he won't mind, hopefully" Liam said to me as he pulled out the couch to reveal a bed I put my bag on the side and took out some of the blankets I brought with me, Liam gave me a few pillows to use to sleep, "Good night Valerie" He spoke again "thank you Liam" I said happily "It's fine just make yourself at home" He gave a warm smile back.

I like this place and the people in it and I hope I can forever.

(A/N expect no other chapter to be this long also sorry if I got the part where you adopt a child wrong I have no idea how that works so sorry if that offended anyone)