Chapter 2- The First Challenge

VALERIES (hydroflask) POV

"What do you think is going to happen?" I asked Matthew staring blankly at the grass holding some in my hand. It felt weird to know the grass was triangular here. "I don't know, that airy guy said it was a game show so maybe a challenge?" Matthew spoke up.
"Okay everyone, stand back" Airy called out from above. We all moved back except one person.
"MY FOOT, IT'S STUCK!" Bandage cried frantically trying to pull his leg up as we all heard beams of wood drop from the sky "AIRY STOP DROPPING THE BEAMS BANDAGE IS STUCK" Milk carton screamed in terror as the beams crept closer. My mind raced and before I knew it I was running toward bandage.

"Valerie!" Matthew said in a panicked frenzy. All this felt blurry I just got here and yet something about this place is already off.

I sprinted as I was finally about to reach him I saw a pole land onto him. I looked to see bandage's body torn into to two his body laying there life less a pole impaling him. I heard a sallow gasp from baggy behind me, I turned around and there was bandage perfectly fine.

"I keep forgetting to let people know you can't die here..." Airy said slowly I could catch a hint of sadness in his voice before he continued talking "Your first challenge is to climb up these poles.. the last two people to do so will be put up for elimination...Go.." Airy finished his sentence as it became quiet. I walked toward bandage to check up on him.
"Hey there are you...alright?" I questioned cautiously "Yea I'm fine, leave me alone.." He spoke as he got up and shoved past me walking to one of the nearby poles.

I walked over to the poles slowly I couldn't just stand around and do nothing, right? There had to be some kind of rule or punishment to contradict that. I stood at the foot of one of the towering beams as I wrapped my arms around it and started making my way up.

BRYCES POV

I sat on the couch waiting for Amelia to get to my house. Texty's not budging, they won't tell me anything. I have some right to know don't I? I care about Valerie as well and I just hope Liam is alright. He's my beast friend after all.

A faint knock at my door snaps me out of my thoughts as I stand up to get the door. Amelia stood there anxiously as I let her inside where we both made our way to the couch.
"What happened?" She questioned me "Liam and Valerie disappeared. Valerie had apparently been taken to the plane, and Liam ran after her with the codes to airy's universe! Texty has the codes but won't tell me anything.." My words stumbled out as I felt my thoughts fall over each other.
"Bryce calm down, take deep breaths in and out. We'll look for them, I promise." Amelia tried to reassure me as Amelia went over to talk to texty leaving me and my thoughts.

AMELIAS POV

I picked up texty and sat at a different couch then Bryce. It looked like he needed to be left alone for a while anyway. I o looked at the laptop, I remember Liam telling us while on the...plane.. that texty was actually from a computer and was a text box located in it. I never got to know texty before they were eliminated so I hope this goes well.

"Texty?" I asked as I hear a text to speech voice answer
"Hello scenty :)|"
"Just call me Amelia" I responded.
"Okay then|"
"Do you know where Liam went?" I asked the computer
"Yea but I promised not to let Bryce go after him|"
"Well I'm not Bryce so I can still go" I retorted back taking a deep breath before looking back down at the laptop
"Ig your right, did you want to go after him?|"
"Yea, but I want Bryce to come with me to look for him" I said trying to explain
"Okay fine but don't count on me to give the numbers for airy's universe cause I don't wanna end up there again|"
"Fine" I said before picking up the laptop and walking back over to Bryce.

"Good news Bryce. I convinced texty to take us where we need to go but they refuse to tell us the notes for airy's universe for whatever reason." I said handing Bryce the laptop as he takes it from my hands "Texty can you take us to the waiting room?" He questions "yep one sec|" texty speaks through text to speech. "In 3 2 1|"
I look around to see a familiar yoga studio as Bryce taps me on my shoulder before walking over a chair with a radio near it. I walk over to him as I see his turning the knobs on the handle as if he was trying to remember something. I wonder if Liam's going to be okay while we look for him.

(856 words total)