Chapter One

In 97 AC, three important things happened: Prince Daemon was knighted at six and ten and received the well known sword Dark Sister that once belonged to Queen Visenya and his late father as well, his marriage to Lady Rhea Royce, the heir to Runestone, and lastly Princess Rhaenyra's birth.

The marriage between Daemon and Rhea was all Queen Alysanne's idea. The marriage was a fine, rich match and Alysanne secretly thought that a woman like Rhea will do Daemon some good. Of course, she was wrong on that last part. Daemon Targaryen found the Vale of Arryn little to his liking and grew immensely bored. He disliked his wife the more time he spent with her. He had absolutely no love or affection towards Rhea. He often uses the term "Bronze Bitch" while referring to her. The feeling of dislike was mutual, since Rhea herself didn't find anything to like about him.

The marriage was somewhat of a success. The only time they ever laid together was at their wedding night. To fill their duty and consummate whatever Queen Alysanne saw in them. After that night, they didn't find anything they liked about each other and that feeling grew more and more each day. However, by the grace of the gods, something rather good happened that night.

Lady Rhea Royce found out she was with babe a month after.

Everything happened so quickly that she didn't really think she was expecting a baby at first. After a lot of inspections and the morning sickness started to occur — she was in no doubt, pregnant . Rhea Royce was carrying the Rogue Prince child.

When Daemon Targaryen found out, he found himself in a sort of a mixed reaction.

He was content. He was going to have a child. His first child. His heir. His child.

On the other hand, the other mixed reaction of him was that his child will have Royce blood which means the baby will have features of his wife. The wife he so deeply dislikes.

He pushed that side of his thoughts at the back of his head as he went down to celebrate the news in a brothel on the Street of Silk. Many say that Daemon shouted how proud he was that his cock created an heir in a single go.

He passed out drunk at the end of the night in the bed of a whore who ended up to be a longtime lover of his called Mysaria.

On the other hand, King Jaehaerys and Queen Alysanne were overjoyed by the news. Prince Viserys was happy for his brother and Princess Aemma was content with the fact her child was going to have a cousin to be around with (Aemma was about seven months pregnant with her first child).

Lady Rhea spent her whole pregnancy in Runestone, something that Daemon hated.

He wanted her in Dragonstone at least. Prince Daemon wanted his child to be born where he was born.

My child is a dragon, he must be where all true dragons are born.

Rhea Royce insisted on staying and no matter what Daemon said, she did.

In early 98 AC, Lady Rhea Royce and Prince Daemon Targaryen's only child was born.

A son.

A beautiful healthy son.

He was named Prince Baelon Targaryen — in honour of Prince Daemons deceased father.