Chapter Three

The feeling of freedom is a beautiful rare taste in some people's lives, for Baelon, the complete sense of freedom was when he was in the sky with his dragon Grey Ghost. There was no other feeling that could compare to that one. His dragon is truly spectacular and his pale grey-white color made him impossible not to blend in the clouds and mist — truly an amazing thing for Baelon to experience.

Baelon was racing with Rhaenyra and Syrax today. It was one of their favorites activities to do together ever since they both became dragonriders. There wasn't a moment they both didn't want to be in the sky. It was liberating and carefree. It fulfills their dragon blood in every part of their body system.

Dragons belong in the sky —  and for these two Targaryens, it wasn't an exception.

When they finally reached the Dragonpit and landed on some dirt, the Dragonkeepers approached them.

"Dohaeras , Syrax!"

"Dohaeras , Grey Ghost!"

"Umbas . Rybas."

Princess Rhaenyra and Prince Baelon both hopped off their dragons and petted them farewell for the rest of the day. Grey Ghost quickly vanished in the sky again while Syrax stood on the ground. The cousins looked over at Ser Harold Westerling nearby on horseback.

"I trust the ride was pleasant," said Ser Harold.

"Try not to look too relieved, ser." said Rhaenyra, with a smirk planted on her face.

"I am relieved. Every time that golden beast brings you both back unspoiled, it saves my head from a spike."

Baelon chuckled. "Let's hope that never happens, ser."

The two Targaryens approached the carriage where Lady Alicent Hightower was standing. Alicent had been a friend of them for many years but Baelon had to admit that Alicent and Rhaenyra were closer than Alicent and him, nonetheless, he enjoyed the company of the Hightower girl.

"Syrax is growing quickly." Alicent smiled. "She'll soon be as large as Caraxes."

"That's almost large enough to saddle two." Rhaenyra looked at her friend with a little grin. Ever since he was a little, Rhaenyra has been trying to get Alicent to go with her on dragonback — till this day, she hasn't been successful.

"I believe I'm quite content as a spectator, thank you."

Baelon touched Rhaenyra's shoulder. "Let's go see your mother."

***

Baelon, Rhaenyra, and Alicent walked through the courtyard in the Red Keep and through various halls with their arms intertwined together before arriving at Queen Aemma's chamber. Aemma is laying on a couch and attended by various servants, Baelon quickly thought once again that Aemma's belly looked like it was about to explode.

"Ah...Rhaenyra." Aemma said the moment she spotted her daughter by the door. "You know I don't like you to go flying while I'm in this condition. You know this too, Baelon."

Baelon was about to reply when Rhaenyra won against him. "You don't like me to go flying while you're in any condition."

"Your Grace," said Alicent.

"Good Morrow, Alicent. Baelon, I see you have taken my daughter into the skies." said Aemma while passing her hand briefly through her belly.

Baelon smiled. "Because your daughter insisted on it. She is my princess, my queen. I couldn't say no. It was an order."

Aemma looked at Rhaenyra and before she could say anything, Rhaenyra quickly asked, "Did you sleep?"

"I slept."