SEVENTEEN. interrogating and princess training

017.

Awkward silence, along with the faint chirps of the blue jays outside, filled the meeting room. Rory and Jay didn't participate in today's meeting as she was getting trained for her future royal duties. Jungwon sat on his chair at the end of the long table, leaning back. His chin rested on his palm and his legs were crossed. Aeseul and Akemi looked as if they were going to fall asleep, considering how uneventful the meeting has been so far. 

Hansaem had a cringed expression painted on his face with an eyebrow raised as he watched Riki death glare Faith, leaning closer as if examining her. He believed his gaze would intimidate her or scare her but all it's done is make her uncomfortably shift in her seat. 

"What are you?" Riki finally spoke up.

Serena sighed to herself to soothe her second-hand embarrassment. 

Faith looked at Riki, eyebrows stitched together, "I'm Faith?"

"What's your real name?"

"...Faith."

"Righhttt..."

"My God, Riki." Sunghoon spat.

Saving everyone else from Riki's poor attempt of interrogation, Sunghoon shooed him away and now stood before Faith.

 "I'm sorry, haven't we already done this before? You ask me questions and I answer? This seems unnecessary." 

"I don't get it..." Sunghoon mumbled to himself, ignoring Faith's words as he stared her down. 

"Fucking hell." Faith grumbled as she buried her head into her hands. 

Sunghoon however, remained deep in thought. "We have her now, yeah? So... what now?"

"Sorry?" Aeseul perked up.

"What do we do now that we got Faith? There was no instructions on the prophecy on what to do after we get her. I mean, is there a ritual or something that we need to perform?"

Faith's face twisted into horror, she clenched her jaw as she asserted, "You're not sacrificing me."

Jake rolled his eyes and groaned in frustration. He rudely pointed his finger at Faith as he faced the others, "Our problems should be fixed by now. This probably isn't even the blessing!"

"Hey, you don't know that!" Kyorin retorted.

Jake looked at her as if amused, "Oh, sorry! I forgot that you lot are the all knowing deities who have arrived to guide our kingdom freedom from evil fangy monsters!" 

 "And you know!? You took five fucking centuries to even find the blessing-"

"She wasn't even in the kingdom, Kyorin! And what? Now that you lot are here, she suddenly shows up and it turns out we've been wasting all our time searching and all it took was seven strangers to save us with a snap of a finger?" Jake interrupted, raising his voice as he stepped closer looking down at Kyorin. 

Kyorin however stayed silent, her lips pressed together as she glared up at him. He scoffed, his hands placed on his hips. Questions about the blessing were long gone, the comprehension of these seven strangers who suddenly lead Enha to this point crowded his thoughts. His eyes squinted at her, as if analysing her. "Who are you people?"

Kyorin could feel her heart starting to race and her muscles tensing up. Everyone else in the room were still and silent, not even daring to gulp in case it was too loud. They worked so hard to get to this point and it felt like everything will come crashing down if Kyorin said the wrong thing. They've reached this far because of spewing nonsense based on a small blurb they read who knows how long ago.