Chapter eight: Malevolent stare and Cheat passes

🍄🍄🍄☘️☘️☘️🍄🍄🍄

                       NYX POV:

I came out of the mess I had created, only to see nothing but dust which was everywhere. Somehow I had managed to reduce everything within the astral boundary to dust.

I was as white as you can imagine and might have inhaled too much dust since I was coughing and was also covered from head to toes with it.

To hell with finding the female lead!

I just want to go home and relax. I'm tired of all this nonsense. Just how many of these things are there in this story? For honest sake, where are they even coming from?!

I turned into the black ( still dusty) cat and pattered towards the exit of the bakery shop watching as people were gathering and talking amongst themselves in concern.

Aria held the baker( uncle Gus) as they both were recounting what happened.

" And the next thing I knew was that the building support pillars and partitions behind me gave way like something smashed it and everything at storeroom were destroyed." He spoke to his trader next to him( I assumed so because he was a vegetable vendor).

" Perhaps I may have not known that it was too weak but I suspect that it was the mice that had gnawed through the walls and at some point it was just a matter of time it gave way."

Thank goodness for you. Blame it on the mice uncle Gus. Blame it on them.

It would have been a lot of trouble for me if he saw something. That astral boundary was just what saved me and both of them. If he had seen the soul eater for sure he would be hunted down by more of those things before he can open his mouth to relay such.

I really regret coming to the market but then I'm glad that I came here or else I wouldn't have found my ticket to freedom upclose. And by the time I'd have found her it would have been too late.

But why are these kind of things stationed whenever I'm close by? Or it because I can sense them?

Another thing I failed to mention was that these level of soul eaters aren't capable of coming through dimensions unless somebody's bringing them here.

Ah yes...There's someone actively trying to destroy the plot settings and prevent the story from going on using the most simple method. Why of course finishing off the main characters so the story changes completely.

Out of sheer coincidence, my eyes sensed someone's malevolent stare on my ticket to—erm— Aria and my eyes trained to a figure in an alley.

The figure had quickly vanished into the darkness upon facing my heated gaze and I could have sworn it seemed quite startled.

Now now. If you think that I'm going after that thing then you are completely wrong.

Curiosity usually kills cats you know. Besides my ability bar has jumped down to zero bar so I don't want to fight anyone stronger than me.

I nimbly dashed past through the legs of the crowd to return to the tailor shop three streets away where Ginny's brother was. But what I had failed to notice was one person in particular eyes had spotted me.

Through the same window of the tailor's/jewelers shop I had escaped from,I returned inside the shop back to the shelves.

Gotta get myself cleaned up.

And with another snap of my fingers, my initial unkempt self had been reversed, all dust gone and hair fixed and clean back to the plain Ginny you know.