264 | Chaos

AN ARROW THAT WAS shot 30 meters away suddenly flies towards a white uniform that was chained against a large target. The white uniform closes his eyes while his body shivers in fear. Seconds later, the arrow scrapes his cheek, missing him just a couple of inches away.

     "Shit," Yun Donghyun, the leader of Rank 10 Brotherhood Archers, curses while putting his bow down. He turns to his other member who's holding a few more arrows and asks him, "How many arrows left?"

     The third member standing on the other side pulls out a notebook and reads the name and the details out loud. "This is Joel West, 3rd year from the Gaffers' Division. He refused to bow to us and forgot to address us as lords. The sin is minor, so there's only two arrows left for his repentance."

    Donghyun smirked and grabbed the steel arrow before looking back at Joel West who had already pissed himself because of complete terror.

     "Two arrows left? Then I'll make sure I don't miss it this time."

     "P-Please...no more...no!"

     Hell.

     That was the perfect word to describe what has been happening to St. George Academy for the past week. PHD announced the full implementation of the Brotherhood Custom. As much as the other brotherhoods weren't big fans of following PHD's orders, they instantly started their customs before anyone could even stop them.

    Archers were the first to announce their custom called the Bullseye. Red Tigers also started performing theirs by kidnapping white uniforms from their dorms and forcing them to run around the campus at night, which they called the Hunt. Scarlet Letter joined in on the fun as well by sending blackmail to every student who once looked down on them in the past.

     Surprisingly enough, even the Clan has been active lately. Max believes it's because they're following direct orders from Hedeon, but lately, a bunch of students have been missing, and a lot are saying that they're the mastermind behind it.

     The Gaffers and the Dwellers Division pleaded to the Ministry to remove the implementation, but they overlooked how strong the Prince's Law really was. This was a signed agreement between President Janus Sinclaire and the rest of the Association. Defying it would mean great consequences. Because of this, the Ministry closed its doors to the higher divisions, promising them an immediate solution that might never come.

     "Have you fixed the cameras?" Xander asks while he's busy working on another trap for their dorm.

     "I did. Someone tried to steal it again last night, but thankfully your traps managed to drive them off," Keigo answered while staring at the screen of his laptop, constantly checking the cameras around their dorm.

     Since the implementation of the brotherhood customs, numerous white uniforms have been taken from the heartless brotherhoods who have been thirsty for power for all these years where the gaffers ruled. But out of everything that has happened the past few days, not a single serf has been hurt in the process. The reason isn't because the brotherhoods pity them. In fact, a few brotherhood members have come to their dorms before in hopes of taking one of them. But thanks to Keigo and Xander's tight security, Vesper's guarding ability, and Stefan's leadership skills, Hell Sanctum has been the safest so far.

     "Look at the state outside. Even the Garden of Eden looks like a dump," Vesper says while looking out of the window of their dorm. The garden was filled with trash and a bunch of graffiti. Even the other dorms looked like a dump.

     "Was it worth it to clean our dorm when everything is now in chaos?" Keigo then asks, sitting on his bed while still watching the cameras.

     "Well, even though the outside looks like something straight from an apocalyptic movie, at least the inside of our dorm is clean. Staying here all day is bearable because of it," Stefan then explains while helping Vesper put bandages on his injured arm after a member of Red Tigers tried to sneak inside their dorm last night.