Rock Bottom!

Y/n's POV
I'm still not great but I'm better.

Blaise is still helping so is Draco.

But mostly, Mattheo has stopped talking to lavender.

It still hurts and we still don't talk but he's distanced himself from the group a little so at least I don't have to constantly see him I guess.

"Y/n are you coming to the party in the common room next weekend" Pansy asked.

"Uh I'm not sure" I mumbled.

Like I said I'm still not great.

"Come on you have to. It's a Christmas one. You love Christmas" Daphne begged.

"I don't know if I feel it this year" I replied.

"Don't worry I'll convince her" blaise smirked and looked at me.

I shook my head a smiled.

He's so annoying but I mean you gotta love him.

And just as I started to enjoy myself the part I dread of every meal happened.

"Hay Mattheo" Theo said.

Mattheo sat opposite me awkwardly and straight away started eating his dinner, without saying a word.

I've had enough of this.

It's gonna hurt but I need to talk to him.

If he's being awkward because of me we need to sort it out.

"Mattheo can I talk to you" I said causing his eyes to snap to mine.

He looked nervous.

So do I probably.

"Sure" he nodded and followed me as I walked out the great hall and into an empty classroom.

"So what did you wanna talk about" he asked, still not looking at my face.

This is awkward.

"Um I just wanted to check you weren't distancing yourself from the group because of me" I muttered.

"What? No of course not" he rushed as if he was hiding something.

"Mattheo." I spoke, "why did you kiss lavender? Do you like her"

I felt my eyes gloss over with tears but I refuse to let them fall.

"What do you mean" he replied

"Why did you kiss her?" My voice becoming more angry, "did this mean nothing to you"

"What do you mean 'this' I don't need to have a reason to kiss someone just because you think we had something" he argued making my blood boil and my tears threaten to spill.

"You're telling me, all those kisses and the times we slept together and all the laughs and smiles, everything we had. Meant nothing to you" my voice broke.

"Y/n I don't know what you're on about. You ruined this. Whatever it was. You ruined it. You went on a date with Harry. You were the one practically fucking blaise in front of me. You threw this away so don't try and blame me. I wanted you. And you left for 'the chosen one'" his voice raised.

"What you can't blame me for this. I went on a date because we weren't together. And the whole time all I could think about was, 'I wish this was Mattheo with me right now' I even left early to come find you only to see you were snogging lavender. So don't blame me. I went on one date! You pretty much replaced me with the first slag you found. The only reason I even went near blaise like that was to make you jealous because you were kissing lavender like I meant nothing to you" I shouted, tears streaming down my cheeks.