Partner

Disclaimer: This is a work of fan fiction based on multiple existing anime/manga series. The characters and settings used in this story belong to their respective owners and creators, and no copyright infringement is intended. This story is purely for entertainment purposes and is not intended to infringe upon any existing intellectual property. I do not own any of the original works that inspired this fanfiction, and I fully support the original creators and their works.

-Story Start-

-Third Person POV-

At the crack of dawn, Alex emerged with an annoyed expression from the cocoon of his sheets, having sought refuge from the persistent chatter of the Orange-Haired nuisance.

Whether it was the genuine plea for sleep or the evident internal suffering conveyed in his tone, the girl who had pestered him the day before finally relented, granting him the coveted blessing of rest.

Alex, typically not a morning person, found himself at odds with the previous owner of his body, who adhered to early morning routines in pursuit of lofty dreams of becoming a great huntsman.

A waste of precious sleep hours, if you were to ask Alex.

With a groan of pure agony, Alex reluctantly raised his upper body, shooting a disgruntled glare at the large window. However, to his ever-rising irritation, the sun had just begun its ascent, leaving the breathtaking view only half-bathed in sunlight.

Irritation coursed through him, perfectly capitalized and enhanced by the unwelcome banter of his schizophrenic slave-driving parasite.

[A perfectly good morning to you, Master! Today promises to be beautiful! So wipe that grump-] The System greeted with unbridled cheer.

'Shut up. Give me a second to process the harsh reality of having to wake up to all this,' Alex groaned internally, rudely interrupting the System with a rather concerning statement.

Lying there, Alex contemplated the impending day, silently mustering the strength to face it within the confines of his makeshift bed, his mind grappling with the unwanted challenges ahead.

Can you blame him? He really couldn't be bothered.

But, the prospect of enduring 100 Years of Torture did sound motivating enough to prompt action.

Sighing, his eyes scanned the room, noting that he was the sole early riser, evident by the loud snoring, sleeping initiates, and the quietude of the ballroom.

Oddly, the loudest snoring came from the girl beside him.

No, not just due to proximity; she genuinely snored like a siren.

'...What is she?' Alex mused, his gaze fixed on the enigmatic girl beside him.

Her goofy grin persisted even amid snores that could rival a siren's call.

The fact that everyone, including himself, managed to sleep through such symphonic snoring was a testament to either sheer exhaustion or exceptional tolerance, creating an odd ambiance in the room as the snores blended with the quietude.

Shaking off the peculiar thoughts, Alex refocused, 'Ah... Might as well start my day, if I can't go back to sleep. Got to check something outside anyway.'

Alex was the type of person who, were you to wake him up, he couldn't fall back asleep unless extremely exhausted.

So, having woken up initially, he had no hope of falling back asleep.

He'd simply lay there attempting to fall asleep for 2-3 hours, and then it'd be too late and he'd have to go to initiation.

Essentially he has wasted all his time in such a case.