The end of Peter Parker (field trip oneshot) pt. 2

The lab they were going to now, was an Engineering and Programing lab. They were supposed to build a robot there. Not that anyone told them, Peter just knew. Since he was in those labs frequently, he was the one to design this part of the tour.

When they entered the lab, the Lab Director, James Brown, walked up to them and started explaining what they were going to do here.

"Okay kiddies, your task here will be building a robot out of the scraps that are on each of the tables. Your bot has to - oh, hi Peter - has to be able to move, wave and do something extra. The winners will get a gift card to the gift shop." When James said hi to Peter, he waved back at him. This caused his whole class to stare at him once again. "Now, split up into pairs."

"Sir, there will have to be a group of three, because there are 31 students." Mr. Harrington spoke up.

"Nope, only pairs. Peter won't be doing this assignment because he designed it." At those words Peter's class stared at him even more. He just shrugged, feeling the blush creeping up to his cheeks.

After a few seconds and a yell from James, the class had finally split up into pairs and each pair got their table assigned. Peter just stood there uncomfortably for a moment, before he decided to walk aside to one of the free desks and do some work.

30 minutes passed without any interruptions and Peter had hope that the Avengers would leave him alone for the rest of the tour, or at least the assignment. But right when he thought that, the one and only, Sam Wilson walks in.

Not looking at anyone else, Sam walked up to Peter's desk. The whole class was looking at Peter once again when Sam started talking.

"Peter, you'll have to take a look at my wings again, man."

"What happened now?" Peter looked resigned like it was a normal occurrence.

"Birdbrain decided to prank me again. He threw a glitter bomb at me, when I was flying and it got into the plates." Sam seemed like he didn't see the class' stares, but Peter knew better.

"Sure." He sighed "Something else?"

"Nah. See you later. Buck's cooking." Sam said and then walked out of the room.

Peter just waved at him, smiling at the thought of Bucky making dinner. He was the best at it from the entire team and everyone loved when he cooked.

Suddenly Peter remembered about his class still being in the room. He quickly whipped his head to look at them and then blushed.

"Peter, was that the Falcon?" Came the faint voice of Abe.

"Uh... Yeah?" Peter shrugged a little and then blushed even more.

"Peter, why was the Falcon talking to you about you repairing his wings?" This time it was Cindy who spoke up.

"Ee... Cause I work on them?" Peter tried.

"Is that a question or a statement?" Cindy asked again.

"A statement?" Peter said and then with a little more confidence "Yeah, a statement. I work as Mr. Stark's personal intern and I get to work on the Avengers tech."

"As we'll believe you Parker" Flash added his bit.

After a bit more bickering the class went back to building their robots. They still had a bit over 2 hours left but they wanted to use every second. After Peter finished whatever he was doing he walked up to James and they started talking about projects they were working on.

When the remaining time had passed James called Peter to judge the bots. Most of them were fine, some even really good, but there were a few (read: one, and it belonged to Flas and his friend) that just broke into little pieces. Flash of course started saying how someone had to sabotage him because it was working before, but nobody listened to him. In the end it was Ned and MJ who won (obviously) but they had given up the prize to Cindy and Abe since they had internships here and didn't need the gift shop gift card.